2017 Dogs Skunks and Colored Furbabies

My next door neighbor had a snow white, fluffy dog who was sprayed by a skunk. Someone told him to use tomato juice to get rid of the smell. He ended up with a PINK dog for almost a month! :laughing: (Oh, and it still smelled like skunk!) :slightly_smiling_face:

2017 South Africa Fires – No grid showing

Ah, Tomato Juice… When I worked in the Emergency Room, we kept several gallons of tomato juice (no, not for making Bloody Mary’s) for the sole purpose of giving tomato juice baths to persons that had the unfortunate encounter with Pepe Le Pew, the skunk. Also, had on hand several pounds of yellow cornmeal for them to roll in. The only side effect to this bazaar treatment was that the patient had a slightly reddish tint, after rinsing off the tomato-cornmeal mush.

I think that if your neighbor had used the cornmeal on the dog, he would have had better results. -ake

Yeah, the dog would have probably come out pastel pink instead of carnation pink! :slightly_smiling_face:
But why is it pets usually get “nailed” by skunks just as you go to bring them in for the night, or when they ask to go out in the middle of the night? :confused:

Just in time—
http://www.petmd.com/dog/grooming/evr_dg_how-to-get-skunk-smell-off-dog?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMedia&utm_campaign=petMD_SkunkSmellDogs_06162017

and to @AKE235: I just watched the video. So, if you have to leave the tomato juice on the animal for about 10 minutes, then if you’ve saved a little, you can still make a Bloody Mary and drink it while you wait. :grin: