Antarctica - The Secret Land (1948 movie)

On TMC right now… we present the 1948 documentary navy film…

Has lots of interesting details about our fav icy place.

WATCh !

I’ve heard about this before… way back…

But it just dawned on me that it explains a lot… at SAR I used to advise people searching for things… whether in training or in real situations… that it was always a good idea to NOT look for what you wanted to find… Such as in looking for a blue book you haven’t seen for ages… tearing the whole house apart looking for it… and then eventually finding it… and that it was YELLOW and a different size as well…

Anyway I also wondered about all these seal searches… now I think I figured it out… Welcome to High Jump 2… maybe. I mean look at all the neat stuff you guys have been finding… when you are trying to find seals… see what I mean, the method of not seeking what you want works… it’s a head game thing…

Sometimes, spending time a bit dozey, sheds light on truths…

Oh my gosh! I just watched the entire film - all 1 hr., 10 minutes of it! While I enjoyed it immensely, it was another hour I could have spent nodding. :open_mouth: At least I did do about 150 tiles before watching. :wink:

The film was “homework” to give us added perspective. At least, Teacher-Cat deemed it valuable to our campaign LOL. Glad you enjoyed it. Glad they filmed it.