Ecuador earthquake - Interesting buildings and sites

This one has boards from the sides, perhaps under construction?

This is eerie; looks like a person (or ghost) entering the house… or 3 angels, 1 in front and 2 in back on the roof. Of course, it’s probably metal but…

Whatever this round structure is, it looks important, though old. Also see frame above this one:

No.#3 looks like a research facility because of all the security gates and the modern type structures which would require quantities of cash.
No.#2 definitely looks like angels. Supposedly very bright objects like that are putting off a lot of heat. If not that, then they are artifacts of light reflections from multi points.
No.#1 is just plain weird.

No.3 University or Military college, note swimming pool & running track.
No.1 Truck/farm equipment shed?

Name that thing;

The round structures at

are ESPAM MFL a polytechnical and agricultural University
Very nice idyllic campus.

Looks like cars going off the road into a playing field here:

http://www.tomnod.com/campaign/ecuador_earthquake_2016/map/duvx7y2r

Think I’ll mark it as damaged building.

I have seen this on several “humanity” campaigns. It too a few moments but if you note the vehicles are “white”… most emergency vehicles are as well. Perhaps this is a staging area for temporary housing that will be put up, a triage location or distribution point. It is very common to go to parks and stuff like that (usually schools in FL or big mall parking lots after hurricanes). If you were here for our campaign in I think it was Kazakhstan it was an earthquake one somewhere. There are a couple we did in Africa too with the flooding. So I am thinking that is what this might be.:slight_frown:

Thanks! That makes sense, perhaps it’s what is going on. There’s a convoy (dark vehicles) visible in another part of the frame. Walls clearly fallen in parts of the oval though.

Looks like a BIG funeral procession. duvx7y2r

The force of nature

:astonished:Oh wow :astonished:

Looks like a dredge unit

The image taken after the earthquake shows a large landslide that broke along a spoon-shaped scarp (called the headwall) marked by the break between the tree and brush covered ground uphill from the scarp and the raw yellowish steep slope of bedrock just below the scarp. In the lowest part of the slide you can see individual large blocks of bed rock indicating that the slide did not move as a single mass but more like a viscous fluid. I think I can also see tree trunks, but this may be over interpretation.

In the before image there are what look like deep scratches trending north east. These are not scratches, of course, but are probably related to earlier landslides. This was not a good site for what ever the buildings were.
Jim geologist