How to use discobot - learning tool

Whoo hooo! :man_cartwheeling: for Shaul and :woman_cartwheeling: for Lucy

We need a badge for doing emojis :man_cartwheeling: :cat2: :woman_cartwheeling:
Emerald would win an emoji badge hands down :handstand: :call_me_hand: :dancing_women:

I tried to cartwheel once - darn near broke my neck! :hushed:

Does that mean you can charge more for your posts? :laughing:

That’s a resounding yes for all who endured (or in the future endure) “talking” to discobot.

As of this moment I’m waiting to get Certified, but Brianna just woke up from her nap. :roll_eyes::heart_eyes::kissing_heart:

The bot will sit there and wait. If you leave, it will send you another message in a little while. The Bot will become your best buddy, reminding you that he’s still there… The bot must get its answers… raa ha ha ha ha.

So if I switch to read a reply to one of my posts on another thread, that’s “leaving” him? Poor Discobot! Okay, Grandma is changing Brianna’s diaper, the other two girls are keeping busy (well, one is and the other is looking to get into some mischief), so I guess I can go back to the PM. Discobot better not keep me hanging for too long! :wink:

He does have some slowdowns.

BTW, type skip after trying to undelete the post in Advanced. Undelete does not work. And discobot will come back and tell you to redo it. Skip.

And now I can take leave to head down to my house to take care of my :kissing_cat:! Won’t she be proud of me? :smirk_cat::roll_eyes:

OK, got both! :grin: I talked to the “bot” :rofl::upside_down_face:

Everything worked just fine for me… Hmmm :thinking:

Err…I already got that one Cagey image :blush:

confused6 How did you manage that Helen; I couldn’t do it either for some weird reason :thinking:

Not really sure… I was vaguely aware that something didn’t work properly, made a mental note to look back at the forum when I got stuck, followed all the instructions, and ended up being presented with the certificates. :thinking:

yay @Jim7 and @Helen

hmm How did the Bot know we were all certifiable? LOL

A little “bottie” told him?:roll_eyes:

I got both the Certified and Licensed badges also. - ake

I must have messed up somewhere. I didn’t get the “Licensed” badge. Guess I’ll try that again in several hours - after the girls go off to school - and if my “Honey Do” list isn’t too long. :roll_eyes:

@George1 I sent you an invite to this post as here is where you’ll find help on how to get started with the forum tutorial Discobot.

The new user and advanced user will teach all you need to know to get around here, post, reply, categorise, quote, etc, etc, etc. and what it doesn’t include we can all help with. @Cageycat and @AKE235 are the forum Leaders and @Mel_Nod, who works for Tomnod, is the forum Administrator.

In answer to some of your questions:

If you wanted to respond to a specific person in a post then click on the Reply button of that persons post:

@George1 I sent you an invite to this post as here is where you’ll find help on how to get started with the forum tutorial Discobot.

The new user and advanced user will teach all you need to know to get around here, post, reply, categorise, quote, etc, etc, etc. and what it doesn’t include we can all help with. @Cageycat and @AKE235 are the forum Leaders and @Mel_Nod, who works for Tomnod, is the forum Administrator.

In answer to some of your questions:

If you wanted to respond to a specific person in a post then click on the Reply button of that persons post.

If you just want to respond in general to that topic then click on the Reply button at the very bottom of the thread.

To post a link from a campaign just copy and paste the url address into your reply
For example:
(http://www.tomnod.com/campaign/campaign_2235/question/125089)

As to how you take photos of what you’re looking at on tomnod, I just use MS Windows “Snipping Tool” to crop and past images from the campaigns into posts; not sure what others use though :thinking:

As you are new to the forum, naturally there are trust levels to be gained in order to do certain things. This is explained somewhat in here https://meta.discourse.org/t/what-do-user-trust-levels-do/4924/2 . . . unless @cageycat/@AKE235 have anything more up-to-date :slightly_smiling_face:

Don’t forget to explore up on the main toolbar i.e:

And there’s always the image magnifying glass to “search” for what you are wanting to know about because there are lots of tips included in some of the posts over the years :wink:

Well I think that’s enough to get you going for now; good luck and give any of us a shout if you’re stuck with anything :wink:

Ooh, think I got a little carried away up there :upside_down_face: :rofl:

And @George1 when you enter the forum (or click the tomnod word-image at top) you are on the main screen. There, on the right side, you will see a button +New Topic. If you want to make a new post, not a reply, just click that button.

The subject line needs to be 20 characters.

Next, you can assign a category for your post. Most non-campaign posts go into Water Cooler.

In the message box, look at the top line for emojis, etc.

@Emerald made a great post explaining more features.

Join in, and have fun!