Loss, Life and Philosophies

Love and prayers to you and your family. I lost my husband when he was 63 from a massive coronary. Took me years to find my feet again.

@Stilman_Hector_Danie, Thank you for your kind thoughts. But when it seems like the worst is over, one has to remember that this is something all of us will go through again and again…The more people you are close to, the more you will have to endure. It doesn’t seem fair, but that is how life works. Memories do last a lifetime and should always be cherished.

Sorry, truly. It’s a difficult time of year before Christmas, and life’s problems / grief never considers holidays. :frowning: After I posted my message before, I beat myself up for maybe bringing people here “down”. But often there are people who are hiding feeling hurt and distressed, so I choose to recognize my grief, knowing that joy has not gone from all of life. Joy will return. It always does, because the human spirit needs to feel joy and feel joyful. What are those words from Ecclesiastes 3 (NIV)

3 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens …

I always loved the Byrds. For everyone who is going through grief or lost someone…

@Beverly you might have guessed (lol), I turn to music to land on my feet again. Yah, yah, they say cats always right themselves in mid-air, but naaa-naa. Sometimes, we just roll and pretend we had our legs under us. The Mamas & The Papas had a real knack for making out like bad topics were happy topics, right?

Btw, watch Mamma Cass scoot her feet when the girls had to drop backward. Didn’t even look at her feet. What practice they must have done, huh?

Cagey, I am finding out that the two of us seem to share a lot of things in common - music tastes and such. I have (unless my album/CDs were “yard saled”) a few of their albums/CDs and "Turn! Turn! Turn! was always one of my favorites. Now that song is going to be in my head until I fall asleep (signing it in my head). :wink:

It’s a great song… iconic. But hey, they “stole” the idea from a great book. :smiley:

Shhh! I listening to “Monday Monday” right now! :rofl:

Sorrwy!

Here is is…
Mew Mew! mew mew, mew mew…
Mew Mew! … oops, I go now…