Mapping Ethiopia's Population - weekly standings

Read more about this project here.

Start mapping Ethiopia’s population here.

To celebrate this new project, we will be holding a raffle contest. Two people will be chosen at random from the pool of top 50 contributors (based on quality and quantity of contributions). The two lucky winners will be awarded an official Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET) t-shirt, which have been graciously donated by FEWS NET as a thank you for our help providing famine-related data in South Sudan.

Weekly standings will be posted here starting February 5th.

Ethiopia Population Mapping campaign?

This is really kewl and exciting! Thanks Tomnod!

Participating has been exciting to me. My son is from Ethiopia so this campaign is extra special to me!

10 posts were split to a new topic: Losing Furry Friends

@HappyMapper @cageycat @Pastor_Ruth Two more? Dang! Guess I’m going to have to get more Cheese-It’s and Peanut Butter cups. Any idea on the tile count on these two? - bob

. . . oops

-ps: Also going to have to hook up the 32 incher. The first challenge was a little ruff on the eyes with all that sand and goats. Those tiny poly’s (2 mm ??) were a bear, as well.

:laughing: hehehe. He be only eating 1, I pop two at a time.

You shoudda let your bear out :unamused:

Strange you should say that. My AOL username is TheoDRBear

In all, there are 16 sections for Ethiopia -each one will have its own campaign URL (the end of the URL will let you know which section you’re working in). We split it up so that Nodders don’t accumulate too many polygons and experience the slowness.

This blog post shows how we’ve split it up.

I’ve been wondering if you’d done, because I noticed it in other recent campaigns, makes such a difference :slight_smile:

Here are the current standings for the Ethiopia: Population mapping campaign! We will update the standings each week and will hold the t-shirt raffle once we’ve completed mapping across all 16 sections of Ethiopia :globe_with_meridians:

So far 2,626 people have contributed to this mapping campaign.

Whoo hoo, great going so far! Keep on nodding!! :sunny:

Hi, I’m Beth, and apparently the highest ranking Tomnod addict. This was not my goal. I just got sucked in to looking for the roofs in Ethiopia. Gee, guess I spend too much time looking at maps lol. Happy hunting folks!

Hi @Beth yup it does get “addictive”. It’s a nice surprise when you see on a little line-up just how much you accomplished.

Congratulations to all the Nodders! Even those unseen because every mapped viewed is a step closer to solving the problem of locating people who need medicine, food, fresh water and proper toilets. So many things these searches can be used for to help give mankind a leg up so to speak. Well done!!! :clap:

New standings as of today! This combines Ethiopia sections 1, 2, 3, and 4 (as of today):

Many people have not yet filled-out their name in their Tomnod.com profile… remember to do so :slight_smile:

WOO HOO Congratulations to all of the Nodders! :tada: It is great to see so many names up there… you strangers need to come to the forum and visit once in awhile. It would be fantastic to find out where you are from and what made you a Nodder too. :grin:

Well, gee, @HappyMapper … all those N/As on your list stand for NODDER ADDICT ! :wink:

Okay all you Nodder Addicts, time to come out of the shadows and take the unofficial pledge:

“I, (fill in your name), admit that I am a Nodder Addict (N/A). I hereby take this unofficially unofficial pledge to stand boldly and claim my rightful place among all the other Nodder Addicts. This step is to honor Christopher Robin’s words when he explained to Pooh how people must “live under” their names. Therefore, I (repeat your name), stand for everything Pooh Bearish and shall stand to live under my name in Tomnod from now on.”

:smile: Congrats! You are now “officially” living “under your name”! Yeahhhh! :thumbsup: (Well, as soon as you fill in your profile!)