Meet our new WorldView-4 satellite

@HappyMapper

Maybe add Queen’s “Don’t Stop me now” just before the countdown?

Lyrics – Not perfect, but the sentiment is as they used to say “far out”. Even mentions a rocket and satellite.

WV4’s raring to GO… and Nodders are impatient for his “birth”!!

OK guys… (supposedly) it is 3 (or 4 or 5 …lol) more days to WV4’s grand entrance into the family! I hope they assigned someone to sing lullabies for HER at nighttime and tuck HER in snugly. I’d love to see what’s going on there!!

Momma Rocket, like many new moms whose pregnancies go on and on and on…and on… she’s had to sleep pretty much upright— bad reflux. She Tweeted “I just want to have this baby already!”

Soooo… anyone have an update about the fire out there? Contained??

Due to the wildfire at Vandenberg Air Force Base and the resulting impacts on range availability, the launch of WorldView-4 has been postponed. We are working with our partners at United Launch Alliance to identify a new launch date in early October.

DigitalGlobe is grateful for the hard work of the various agencies who are bravely combating this wildfire and hopes to have a new launch date confirmed shortly. Please check back for updates.

http://spaceflight101.com/worldview-4/vandenberg-wildfires-contained/
“WorldView-4‘s companion satellite, WV-3 launched in 2014, acquired daily photos of
Vandenberg to help firefighters organize their efforts, illustrating the
quick spread of the fire.”

Nice share! Thank you!:upside_down:

We are working with our partners at United Launch Alliance to identify a new launch date in early October.

It’s early October now

Update

We are working with the U.S. Air Force and United Launch Alliance to
identify a new launch date in late October or early November.

Thank you for the update.

Longest “pregnancy” I’ve seen! Of course, if we use the actual “conception” date when WV4’s first parts formed, WV4 is probably ready to enter college by now. (ducking!)

Nov. 6 Atlas 5 • WorldView 4

Launch window: 1830-1846 GMT (1:30-1:46 p.m. EST; 10:30-11:46 a.m. PST)
Launch site: SLC-3E, Vandenberg Air Force Base, California
A United Launch Alliance Atlas 5 rocket, designated AV-062, will launch the WorldView 4 Earth observation satellite for DigitalGlobe. The rocket will fly in the 401 vehicle configuration with a four-meter fairing, no solid rocket boosters and a single-engine Centaur upper stage. Delayed from June 29 and Sept. 15. Scrubbed on Sept. 16. Delayed from Sept. 26. [Oct. 26]

That “baby” is a long, long time coming! Thanks for the update!

Atlas V to Launch WorldView-4

Update: Nov. 2, 2016, 11:25 a.m. PDT - The launch of a United Launch Alliance Atlas V carrying the WorldView-4 satellite for DigitalGlobe is now scheduled for Nov. 11. The team is actively working to resolve _minor Atlas V booster issue_s discovered during final preparations for launch. The Atlas V will launch from Space Launch Complex-3 at Vandenberg Air Force Base. The launch window is 10:30-10:46 a.m. PST.

Well shoot… good thing I pencil my stuff in my agenda and not use ink. I will put it in for the 11th. Better safe than sorry and we want it to be a safe launch for everyone on ground and in the process of the launch at VAFB. This is a good thing actually because I have company coming in later today and have a few things left to bake. WOO HOO guilt free baking!!!

What? You don’t think for a second I would rush to burning bread and miss the launch? Oooohhh noooooo just the opposite I can ALWAYS make another loaf of bread! I only get one shot at WV4 being birthed into the universe. :rocket: :upside_down:

Oooh, How I miss the smell of baking homemade bread. Takes me back to my childhood.

Ahh, there you hit my soft spot. I got Carl’s Friend sourdough starter from US HERE=>
I’m baking almost all our white bread (partly) with that sourdough. I’m not nearly a master. But look at the pictures HERE=> and be inspired .

b

Growing up, there was always 5 of us siblings at home at any given time - I’m number 7 out of 11. :innocent: I guess that makes me the lucky one - high dice anyone? :wink: But back to the smell of fresh-baked bread. There was a commercial bakery a couple of miles (4km~) away and I always tried to be the one to go there with my father. He would buy up enough day-old bread so there was enough for toast in the mornings with breakfast, sandwiches for lunch, and best of all - bread pudding! :yum::heart_eyes:
My mother would buy large boxes of raisins for this. We always purchased potatoes by the 50-pound bag and we would use one that had been thoroughly cleaned out. At least 3 of us kids would sit and break up the bread, filling that entire bag - which was just as tall as some of us, or so it seemed at that time. After dinner that night, and for the next several lunches and dinners, we would enjoy nice warm bread pudding with some cinnamon sprinkled on top and a little milk poured over it. :heart_eyes: There has been only one time since I got married in 1972 that I ever had bread pudding the same as my mother made it - just once! That was made by an old Italian woman. My mother was mostly Irish. Since there was always 5 kids at home, now I know why my dad bought a two-family house. The older ones slept upstairs and the younger ones were “stuck” downstairs with mom and dad. :unamused:

Now to stay on topic… I’ve been entering the launch dates into my multi-clipboard’s calendar and highlight that date with a very bright yellow. Changing dates is just a matter of copying and pasting the data into a new date, then deleting the old date.

But… ohhh the smell of that bread from the bakery! :smiley:

Oh brave man - I did that until I had a computer crash at work and lost all of my “tickler” information for our cases. The attorney didn’t hold it against me but we went to a good old fashioned method after that… I used it as a life lesson back then and have an At A Glance 2016 that allows me to see the whole week at a time. I need to order for 2017 come to think of it. I take it with me to Dr’s appointments and such. I also have all of the information that I keep in my phone directory (home cordless deal) written down because when those break guess what!!! Yup… you lose all your phone numbers that back in the dial up days you remembered or had in an address book. I got one of those too! Just saying :upside_down: Also about those fancy cell phones - I know a guy who did a forced Baptism of his in the Atlantic Ocean… guess what!!! yup he didn’t do the sims thing with it and couldn’t retrieve his client base. I haven’t has one since my stroke so that isn’t a worry but just saying :upside_down:

I also use an “At-a-Glance” planner and the data goes into that as well. However, I can also backup the database for the multi-clipboard & calendar at will, but I usually let another program make nightly backups of it. Less of a pain I suppose, but it works. If I should have a drive crash or a thumb drive fail, my data is always backed up to both cloud storage (I-Drive) and to a 1TB local external hard disk drive (HDD). I do have a program that will give me daily popup reminders for any events I tag for such from anywhere from 1 hour to daily to 1 week.

LOLOL okay guys, quit high-jacking the thread with stories of freshly baked bread.
(Whiff… sniff… Can I have some? Butter please…)

:astonished: who’s been high-jacking the bread…
…err thread