Thank you for note from Michelle and a Seals postcard

We have similar opening hours over here, meaning that if you work anywhere near regular hours, it’s Saturday morning or nothing! :scream::thinking:

Mine was delivered on Monday 29th Jan - maybe the carrier pigeons on the south coast are slightly slower than their northern counterparts? :thinking::rofl:

Guess everyone should work “bankers’ hours” - 9 AM - 2:30 PM. Then everyone will have time to pick up their mail. Oh wait! That means the postal workers would get out at 2:30 PM also! Oh well, it was a nice thought while it lasted. :neutral_face:

Wouldn’t that be great?! :thinking::relaxed:
I can’t complain too much though, my working hours Mon-Thu are slightly longer than normal, but it means that I only have to work til 12:30 on a Friday. Makes life so much easier, I can get lots done on a Fri afternoon and still keep the weekend clear for important stuff! (like sleeping… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

One summer our highway department worked four 10-hour days. It was great to have every Friday off - unless we were building a new road and then got overtime! :heart_eyes: But, alas, we were told if even one employee didn’t want to work ten hours at a time, then we would have to stop. After 3 weeks, one guy decided it wasn’t for him so we went back to five days a week. :angry: