TIP: Do you know about Forum Badges?

I asked Mel to look at the badges for me. Maybe someone at Tn “bumped” something. I also got notified of a badge I earned long ago.

Hey, think of it as Tn is thinking of you. :smiley:

Without any warning, the forum software surprised me with a badge - Crazy in Love! According to the software, only Em and I have it. :thinking: Helen, Bev, Cagey and Bob should be getting close! :smiley:

Crazy in Love
This badge is granted when you use all 50 of your daily likes for 20 days. Wow! You’re a model of regularly encouraging your fellow community members!

Jim7 James F. Pasquini - Granted 2h
EmeraldEyes - Granted 26d

Not yet, but still working on it! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

This is where “counters” would be handy. They could keep there tallies in the members’ badges area. See? Now you have another post to like! :grin:

LOL, done! :heart: I’m still trying to find where I lost the “Regular” badge… I just KNOW I dropped it around here somewhere! :rofl: Perhaps the dustbunnies in the lounge have got it? :rabbit::rabbit2:

To maintain your “Regular” status/badge, according to Discourse’s requirements:

"Regulars are the most active readers and reliable contributors over long periods of time.

They can get to trust level 3 by…

This is time and activity based, unlike the previous levels. In the last 100 days…

must have visited at least 50% of days
must have replied to at least 10 different topics of topics created in the last 100 days,
must have viewed 25% (capped at 500 of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*
must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
must not have been suspended

• These likes must be across a minimum number of different users (1/5 the number), across a minimum number of different days (1/4 the number). Likes cannot be from PMs.

All of these must be true."

Almost like jumping through hoops! :rofl:

LOL, I thought I had done all that, but I must have dropped the ball somewhere along the lines. :basketball::baseball:
Probably somewhere in the previous couple of months where the :hospital: must have taken up more of my time than I’d realised! :scream::upside_down_face:
In any case, the enforced 6 weeks off work (thus more time for Tomnod!) should help… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Are you suggesting everyone take a leave of absence from their jobs to nod (and earn badges?) :thinking::rofl:

LOL, definitely not! I wouldn’t wish the enforced boredom on anyone! If it wasn’t for the Tn campaigns, I’d probably be going stir-crazy around now… :upside_down_face::crazy_face: … if I haven’t already! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Lost it…I’ll just bet you did…hid it in your pocket more like, so you don’t get accosted by newbies in your haste to get to the Lounge before Panda eats all the Cheeto’s :rofl:

LOL… Shhhh don’t tell anyone, it wasn’t Panda that ate them all! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: We shared! :rofl::panda_face:

I was just surprised with a new badge earned. I know I couldn’t have possibly made that many posts! :innocent:
Badges / Admired
Admired
This badge is granted when you receive at least 5 likes on 300 different posts. Wow! The community admires your frequent, high quality contributions to the conversations here.
Jim7 James F. Pasquini
Granted 7h
Others with this badge (2)

You’ve been a busy boy Jim :wink: Well done :smile:

Aw… shucks! I was just doodling around in my spare time. You know us nodders… nothing but free time. :rofl:

Whoa, there, Jim. Don’t let it go to your head, now!:upside_down_face:

Hey, just like the Boy Scouts when awarded the ‘Walking elderly ladies across the street’ merit badge.

:rofl: Of course not! It’s just that I wasn’t even aware that this badge existed! And to think I’ve made that many posts - actually a whole lot more - that got 5 likes is unreal. Imagine if they gave a badge for… okay, I’m not going there… I’ll get myself into more trouble. :wink:
Wait a minute! I never got a merit badge for walking elderly ladies across the street! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: What did they do? Come out with that after I left the scouts? Figures! :grin:

Got it! Finally…

:rofl::rofl: Well, the forum is probably right with the “Crazy” part… :upside_down_face::sunglasses:

SnowmanGoofy Yaaay…congratulations :laughing:

Olaf looks like some of the photos we’ve been seeing! Congratulations Helen!
Maybe we can make a new badge for "The Best Animated GIFs Posted."
We’ll have to come up with some others.

Em would definitely win that one! :grin: