2018 Christmas is Coming!

Ho ho ho
reindeerr

4 Likes

Santa Claus parade in town tonight! We brought all 3 girls to watch the Santa parade - sponsored by the village and the 3 fire companies in town. A town police car led the parade playing Christmas music over its PA system. It was followed by fire trucks from each company, one of the several ambulances, and of course Santa Claus and some elves followed in a large trailer towed by a pickup. Of course the trailer was all decked out with colored lights and a large Christmas tree. The elves passed out Christmas candies to all the little ones as they went by. This being her first year seeing this parade, the littlest one (now 1-1/2 years old) was smiling from ear to ear. She even tried imitating the sirens of the fire trucks! :laughing:

5 Likes
2018 Sept to Dec - Keep all your Random Thoughts right here!

Image result for he was texting while flying

3 Likes

Gee… My wife got to go out Christmas shopping with our daughter. I got to stay at home and dog sit our daughter’s dog. Mopped the kitchen and parlor floor 3 times so far… and NO! SHE’S GETTING ANOTHER DRINK! :open_mouth: Brought her outside twice… she did her business the 2nd time out. Have to listen to her running back and forth through the house because she misses “her mommy.” :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Put her dinner down for her… not eating… jumping up against the kitchen door, looking out the window to see if “mommy’s back yet” and whining non-stop! Driving me nuts she is! I even put some music on for her, but I don’t think she can hear it over her whining. Maybe I should wake up Angel (:smiley_cat:) and let them “play” together. :rofl: And to think the girls have only been gone less than an hour… and 3 or 4 more to go… :unamused:

Edit: Let’s see… the girls left for shopping at 3:20 PM. They returned around 10 PM. That’s a long time - for me with a dog who whined and ran back and forth for 45 minutes, and then would jump up and come running into the room each and every time I so much as reached for my coffee mug. :roll_eyes: She wanted to go outside nearly every ten minutes, but I limited her to about twenty. :grinning: She darned near went through the window on the kitchen door when she realized “mommy” and “grandma” were back. :open_mouth: At least she said “good-bye” to me as she left. As my daughter started to back out of the driveway, Abby (or Abigail as is her rightful name) let out a howl that sounded more like a hound than her black lab and pit bull terrier mix should have been like. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I swear she almost sounded like a beagle on rabbit run. :laughing: Now I can put Angel’s cat treat back on the floor, clean up more drooled water around the kitchen, bathroom and parlor floors, straighten up the sofa and throw pillows, and oh my… I told my wife I’d take the clothes out of the dryer and fold them! Oh great… :unamused:

4 Likes

In the spirit of Christmas:

5 Likes

Maybe they should have tried this in the city of Albany, NY for the state politicians who seems to rack up handfuls of parking tickets while they’re in session. It’s funny to see how many make a mad dash to pay their fines before election time! :rofl:

4 Likes

Speaking of NY state people-in-power, have you read “The Power Broker” by Robert Caro. It’s about Robert Moses, who apparently made major changes to NYC and NY state without being in an elected office. I am waiting for Caro’s final book on LBJ, so I thought I might read this book in the interim. It is supposed to be an excellent book. Also a good doorstop. We’ll see, I think I’ll start it on my holiday days off work.

4 Likes

I have not, but in keeping on topic, a friend of mine presented me with a $25US gift card to Barnes & Noble last year. I think maybe I’ll use that to purchase this book as a gift to myself this Christmas. :laughing:

4 Likes

Santa delivered my present early . . . but I’ve left it in its box for the big day Angel_pullsplugOnHalo

Just about done with the shopping, thank crunchy for on-line shopping :grin: Although the 4 hours stint I did yesterday seems to have my hip the world of good…it loves a good workout :smile:

And this afternoon we’re putting up our Christmas tree, can’t wait excited%20happy%20run Treedecorating

4 Likes

Earlier we were hit with the rotating postal strike. Many many Amazon parcels stuck in the main sorting hub in Ottawa. Then instead of delivering, they started going back to Amazon because of the time delay. … has to be delivered in so many days…so they cancelled one of my orders. Last night received an email of a refund and quickly got on to amazon, they paid the “speedy postage” and my order will be here by Monday! Whew!~ it was one of my last gifts!

4 Likes

Funny you should say that, I’ve had a similar experience myself with an order I made mid November.
I finally got round to contacting Amazon through live chat a week ago and persuaded them to hold off cancelling for another week 'cos I really wanted that order (one was a pendant for my daughter’s pottery teacher). So they’ve gifted me £6 for basically being so patient :laughing:

Unfortunately, today I mistakenly ordered books for kindle instead of hard back so had to get them to cancel that on live chat again, so while I was on we came to the conclusion my other order was lost and gone forever so they’ve reimbursed me :disappointed:

4 Likes

9 days until Santa! Only 9…

Santa Claus’s sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer , Prancer , Vixen , Comet , Cupid , Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner ) and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen ), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.

4 Likes

Looks like the reindeer is trying to push his way into the center, telling Santa/St. Nick/Father Christmas, “Hey! They want to take MY picture… not yours!” :grinning:

3 Likes

Find Grinch!!

Plus, how many trees have blue stars n top?

How many trees look like they are “striped” from bottom to top?

How many stars are in the sky (pictured)?

Are there any animals pictured? Where?

3 Likes

What do I click on to set the tags so I don’t count something more than once? :grinning:
Now you have me going cross-eyed trying to find those little blue stars.
One thing you forgot to ask us to find is “how many trees have snow beneath them?” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :laughing:

Edit: “How many trees can you see that are not blocked by any parts of another?” (That should keep us nodders busy for a while!) :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

It’s a break from H. Maria. For tagging, print out. Hang on wall. Use push pins. Take picture. Upload pic to computer. Upload pic to Forum.

Hey! don’t swat at me! I got claws!!

4 Likes

Wait a minute! I’m working on H. Maria as we speak! Between each trip of carrying out gifts to the car, I stop at the laptop and do one tile, click the arrow and get another armful of gifts… and :smiley:repeat…

I did copy the image. I’m going to print a couple of copies along with the questions and let the girls have some fun. I suppose I can make a couple of “score cards” to let the girls see how they’ve done - after I’ve done all the counting… and found the Grinch! :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I could be up all night with the targets you and @cageycat set on this one :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
You do realise it’s Christmas…01:50 here
:shushing_face: Shush now, I’m supposed to be doing my Santa duties here, fillin Christmas stockings and sneaking into the kids rooms with them :hushed: Not counting trees’n’stars but I did find the Grinch…I think :confused:

:smile:

3 Likes

Grandma (my wife) told the girls she was getting them some coal to put into their stockings the last time they weren’t listening to her. Today we showed up with some gifts and Eva (5-year old) came across two small bags and asked what was in them. Grandma handed her one and she opened it. She pulled out a large dark lump and asked her what it was. Grandma told her it was coal. If you could have seen the look on Eva’s face - half disbelief and half disappointment! :laughing: Then Grandma just had to tell her they were chocolate and that she could eat them - after dinner! Then the smile returned… :rofl:

3 Likes

Think if I’d put coal in daughter’s stocking she’d have just used it for drawing with :laughing:

3 Likes