2018 July to Dec - Hobbies, Interests, and nothing of Nodding

split this topic #84

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2018 Sept to Dec - Keep all your Random Thoughts right here!

Just an update.

Conversion has become slow and tedious. I’m finding it hard to keep going on it. Almost got a huge folder validated, but that means clean up on other folders to prepare to convert them.

I’m below 900 broken links now-- yay.

I’m down to 2100 unlinked files, but that includes jpgs. My old program wants every file shown on the main page–ain’t gonna happen. So it is slow to pick through each file and decide what it needs-- is it truly unlinked to anything, or is my old program just complaining… Every file can take 5 to 30 minutes to get straightened out and linked everywhere it’s needed to be linked.

Sigh. Wish I was done.

Hang in there, Cagey. That sounds like me with H. Maria. I have just over 2,200 tiles to go, but with the lag it takes a day or two just to do 100 of them. And Heaven forbid should I accidentally move my hand as I click to place a tag. That slightest movement will move the tile… and cause a delay of a minute or more before I can actually set the tag and move on. If there wasn’t any delay, H. Maria would have been done - for me - last year! :rofl:

Good going on Maria! You have extreme patience, more than I have.

One commonality with Maria and webpages, for me, is my eyesight. By 9-10pm, I have trouble reading plain type on a PC, or seeing details in images.

:rofl: ME too! Things start to get blurry and I want to put my eyeglasses on, but they’re for distance. Sometimes I think I start going cross-eyed staring at some of the smaller homes. While waiting for the next tile to load, I usually work on a text file - white background - which also tires my eyes out. I remember the old DOS machines. I had the screen color as blue and the text white. I experimented with different text colors and screen colors a lot, but that is what I always went back to. I’ve even changed the colors displayed on my browser for some websites, but once in a while it messes with the layout so I switch it back to default colors.
As for H. Maria, one more tile and I can move down another row! Yea! LOL! I should hit 17.2k by tomorrow night. :rofl: I’m almost hoping there aren’t any more maps after this one, but if so, so be it… :neutral_face:

I thought that was just me with the blur by midnight or sooner. As always glad to know you guys are close by.

Speaking of blur, after spending a couple of hours working some files (white backgrounds) and the forum (which also has a white background), I went outside to see if the clouds were still hanging around. They’re gone and it’s very clear… many stars! I was hoping to catch a few meteors from the Geminids meteor shower - peaks the eve of the 13th to the dawn of the 14th. Even after being outside for nearly 10 minutes, I’m still seeing double stars! :rofl: Every - and I mean every - star has a double sitting right next to it, but slightly higher and to its right. I think my eyes are over-tired as I only got a little less than 3 hours sleep this morning before having to head out to my son’s house. I’m not giving up though. I try again… and again… and again… before the clouds move back in and tease me with the so-called 0.4"/10 mm of snow I may (or may not) get. :tired_face:

It’s the magic powder in the catnip tea. Shhhh! lol Drink your tea, now. :wink:

We should have a topic titled, “You Know You’re Tired When…” :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

When I got home tonight, I made out a check for the oil bill and ran that up to the village to pay the bill; I cleaned the litter box (after giving Angel some cat treats); made sure her water bowls and food bowl were full; went out on the porch and coiled up and put away the cable I used when I dog sat my daughter’s dog when she and my wife went Christmas shopping; washed up and ate some leftovers for dinner; went to put the dishes in the dishwasher and realized I hadn’t emptied it yesterday after it finished washing the dishes; worked on a couple of files while at the same time checking and posting on this forum and doing some tiles on H. Maria; made two key tags for my 6-year old granddaughter to put the keys to her new diary on; and after I finished laminating them and punching holes on both ends, realized that I had only marked one tag with what the key was for. The second tag I made was blank! Oh well, it’s a pretty color. :smile: :tired_face:

I think I’m going to pass on working on moving some domain names into some web hosting contracts (packages) and go outside to see if there are any meteors yet. They did say the best time would be around 2 AM. But I still have a mess on the kitchen table and if my wife should see it, she’ll shoot me. “That’s the first thing someone sees when they come into the house!”, she’ll say. I just look at her and say, “Yeah, so?” :face_with_raised_eyebrow: That always gets her going even more! :rofl::smiling_imp:

Edit: 1:35 AM Before going outside I noticed that the temperature had stopped dropping as fast as it had been. When I went outside and looked up… cloudy and overcast! Within a minute or so a steady fine snow began falling. Guess I don’t see any meteors this morning. :unamused: But I am getting a little of that white stuff! :smiley:

I’m changing .htm to .html and repairing those links. Thousands!!

And removing in-line styling codes. Ugha.

Kind of like tagging H. Maria. Many tags on tiles makes getting to the end of the map a very slow and arduous task… but eventually it will get finished. :sweat_smile: Hang in there! You’ll be done soon… okay… not so soon, but eventually. You may end up finishing it on your next computer. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :wink:

I am STILL changing *.htm to *.html

Then, I notice my other 6 sites might have htm files too. OMG, no no no no no!!!