2018 Rescue of boys soccer team from Thai cave system

Oh wow, prayers certainly being answered; 11 are out now, just to remain :smiley::pray:

yay2 :tada:excited%20happy%20run :confetti_ball: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :pray:

:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::tada::tada::tada::tada::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks: I believe the whole WORLD is so thankful and relieved their are all out.

Great News to hear… I have had further distraction from that yesterday and even today… so I’m going to be busy… friend was just getting back to a semblance of normal, and fell getting out of bathtub… stuck there for most of the day… finally got the attention of a neighbour who got her some help… No major damage,but a bit of a setback… Spent the night getting her home… but so far is OK…

anyways… it will be interesting to see the post rescue reports which should start coming to light now that all are safe… but they still have to ‘clean up a bit.’ and I bet that has been underway as they cleared the rescuers and boys out of the cave… but with an eye on the water levels… they have the workers to do some of that, and will mostly be the loose bits and supplies that don’t want to sit there until the cave become ‘safe’. The de-rigging is the untold story, along with the support crew stories…

Good to hear no major damage. Terrible she was there all day without help! I hope she heals quickly!

So true @Doug4. There are so many “behind the scenes” that help in coordinating these efforts. The divers are the main focus of the recovery, however, there are still many many more that helped. I hope they are recognized at least by those around them. As I said before, the community support has been just amazing also. The world rejoices!!!:joy:

Things we didn’t know:

Tonight on Global BC news there was a story on the surface crews cleaning up the area around the entrance after the rescue shut down… that many people involved in a rescue like that generate a huge mess… I’m sympathetic with the clean up… not de-rig crews… I’ll watch to see if they post the video over the next days… might find a link to it… but it does lag a bit.

post if you find it Doug… I have not seen anything since the rescue and the BC diver interview.

Last night, A&E had a docu about the boys’ rescue with the coach. Montage of scenes in and out of the caves.

I wonder if that docu was the same as the one I saw on Discovery on the weekend… missed most of it… what I saw was detailed… thanks @cageycat

@TerriB I said I would… just hard being everywhere on my friend’s schedule… need sleep… sometimes it gets hectic… that and they often hide it in the canned newscasts for a day or two and post the short versions on the news website… if lucky.
Looks like I have some more research to do…

When you have time…no hurry…!!

Now you tell me… sorry it wasn’t as good as I thought… maybe this was just part of it… but I found what I recognized from Global on an Aussie site…
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/children-help-as-clean-up-gets-underway-at-thai-cave-rescue-site/video/9e6f5dd76ca308136c0a65ff306dd6f5

Mostly local effort by kids making the surface mess go away… cute story… and needed.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Discovery-Channel-Announces-OPERATION-THAI-CAVE-RESCUE-Documentary-In-the-Works-20180711

Thanks… for me it was reliving a now distant past…40 years ago I might have been one of the rescuers… anyway it worked out… I just follow such things.

For anyone … Operation Thai Cave Rescue … the one I mostly missed seems to be scheduled for re broadcast on Discovery channel… MONDAY July 16 at 6 MDT/CST in SK… I’d suggest check your local listings… since there are several Discovery feeds out here… normal and HD and also there is a USA Discovery channel and I know sometimes the CDN / USA timings are different… Eastern time would likely be later but I don’t know which feed source would be used… they change satellites… we tend to be on the western feeds on this side of the country… from Manitoba west… and then the cable company switches things as well. I’m with SHAW cable, but many use TELUS… so look at the listings… the next scheduled time is JAN 1st…2019… and that is 1.AM…

Edit; EDT is later than here… so look around 8pm EDT. TerriB is in a province that does not change clocks so CST = MDT…

Thanks so much for this!!! I will set my PVR right now!!!

I went to program my PVR to make sure that I got it tonight… funny thing, I programmed it to record the first time and I don’t need to… I got it the other night in full… must have fallen asleep watching the later run…