2018 Sept to Dec - Keep all your Random Thoughts right here!

I always start the job myself by using the model nilumber on YouTube and if I can fix it fine… if not less time the repair guy is here and it gets fixed. I have a front loading washer and I can tell you putting on that rubber seal is tricky… but doable. The element in the dryer was a pain only because you end up taking so much off to get to it.

When one of the rollers in the dryer (usually 3, but sometimes 4) wears out and the drum makes a thumping noise as it turns, it’s not hard to replace it/them. You do have to take the outer shell off to access them. A wrench or socket is all that’s required to remove the roller and put the new one on. Of course there’s all those screws that hold the shell to the frame that have to come off. There were a couple of other steps which I can’t recall at the moment, but it’s was surprisingly easy to do - just time consuming. And the more room you have to work, the less frustrating it is. That much I do remember. :smile:

the element is probably about as much. It is under the drum in that compartment, but not accessible by just taking off the back, you have to take everything off the top, front door, etc to get all pieces to come apart, and then you can get to the element and replace, and put everything back. Like baseboard, I put a tape on each and number them to keep me on track when I go to put it back together. Stumped me for a little when I couldn’t get that last part together which was the top …realized I had it under/over the back and it needed to be the opposite…then i worked! Heat in the dryer again!!!

Crashed my computer - tried to change back to Sierra from High Sierra…me and youtube again. But this morning had another look and as I had several Time Machine back ups…here I am back up and going!!!

EDIT: All working well on the Mac…I am :slightly_smiling_face:

My washer is a front loader too. And my biggest mistake when buying it…the digital control panel :confounded: Now that’s expensive to replace when it goes:sob: Never, ever again will I do that :fearful:

I have actually looked at those on Amazon in case mine goes…I think if I could find a youtube video I could install it with lots of instructions!!!

EDIT: The control panel is about $310…above…and then I’d have to try to install or get someone to do it if I couldn’t.

[Moderator edit.]

And don’t forget to hand her a credit card with an unlimited credit amount. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think I’ll be reverting back to the old push buttons and dials for my next machine…providing they’re still going in say 20 odd years :smirk:

By then they could completely change how we “wash our clothes”. Maybe it will be a light that cleans them while they hang in our closet"!!!:rofl::smiley::rofl::smiley:

106 days until Christmas :christmas_tree:

I’ve already started some shopping but Canada Post is threatening a strike towards the end of September…ugh… that could change things.

A Canadian Hero…the Terry Fox Runs (walks) start this Sunday and continue through September…

3 posts were split to a new topic: Alberta plane wreckage located east of Revelstoke in Glacier National Park

I can’t believe it! Sitting here nodding, archiving some email folders and whatnot, I realized I just finished eating 1-1/2 quarts/1.42 liters of vanilla blackberry swirl ice cream and 16 ounces/453 g of monterey jack cheese with jalapeno peppers! They went so fast! :yum: :laughing: Now… what’s next? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Next time don’t tell us… SHARE! :rofl:

Either / or…but in succession??? what a combination!!!

Half the cheese first, then all the ice cream (couldn’t stop myself :yum: :laughing:), then finished up the cheese. My wife just shakes her head at me because I never gain any weight. All she has to do is look at food and… bam!… 2 pounds heavier! :rofl:

I’m shaking my head too…just the combination turned my stomach!!!:nauseated_face:

I could have had cotton candy ice cream with the cheese and jalapeno peppers. :thinking: :yum: :rofl:

:nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face: