2019 - Feb 1st to March 31st - Weather Reports and Descriptions

Oh yes, the annual March winds. Helps to dry up the fields for the farmers… just before the April showers bring the May flowers… a June of “nice” weather and the July-August thunderstorms. :smiley:

Edit: 4:14 PM and we’ve hit 71.6F/22C! Mostly sunny all day (with a couple of short, mostly cloudy periods) and just a mild breeze with a few light gusts. Looks like the temperature will sneak up a little higher before the sun starts getting low. My snow! It’s going… going… almost non-existent now! :sob: Just a few ice patches that had been buried by the snow.
I did spend quite some time pushing the wheel barrel around the property while picking up tree branches and limbs. Got two heaping barrels full of branches and three arm fulls of limbs. Still have to cut up a tree that broke off and is lying on the ground on one side of the house. Another day. Have to straighten the cross member on the wheel barrel legs. It was bent when I got it out, brushed off all the spider webs and put air in the tire. How it got bent I haven’t a clue, but I’d say someone used it with a heavy load and it tipped over putting all the weight on one leg. My son? :thinking:

-10 C -17 WC (1 F)

By next Saturday we are suppose to be in double digit temperatures…at least for a few days…:heart_eyes::sunglasses::smiley::heart_eyes::sunglasses::smile::sunglasses:

Slept in today… but it’s sort of grey with some sun forecast later… currently -4 and rising towards +6.
Going to grab breakfast and coffee… then go survey the water drainage… was going well late yesterday.
Went and got a new set of reader glass selected to give me ‘intermediate’ focus… without the scratches… seem to work OK… still no sign of the multifocals… yet… but the place is a lot cleaner… so the effort isn’t a total waste. Even did some polys late yesterday and on the way into here today… just busy…

Look for your glasses near the drainage!

Yea! Hopefully you’ll get up to what we did yesterday - 72F/22C! Of course winter is not over yet. Today’s high was only 44.4F/6.9C. Snow showers and flurries all morning into early afternoon, then the sun came out at 3 PM (just like getting out of school! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:). It’s supposed to go down to 27F/-2.8C tonight and tomorrow’s high of 38F/3C, then down to 23F/-5C. They’re calling for scattered snow/rain showers tonight - probably not going to amount to anything. :slightly_frowning_face:

Currently at 3:25 PM ET it’s partly to mostly sunny - as groups of clouds pass through - and 42.8F/6C, breezy with some fairly strong gusts… enough to have to wear a winter jacket. Darn that wind is chilly! Winter seems to be leaving, but it’s still very early. Studs don’t have to come off car tires until the end of May. :wink: Once in a great while Mother Nature does surprise us with an April snowstorm, but not very often. April is MUD month! Ugh!

So very very true…it can turn into a winter storm in a few hours. Some back roads were actually dry today…cars kicking up dust!

Current Temp +3 C (37 F)

We just had 45 minutes of flurries to snow and back to flurries. Then the sun peaked out - only lighting up the trees on the island in the river. Now it’s going down over the hills to the west and the temperature is dropping. The winds have finally died down from 15-25 mph/24-40 kph all day. Just realized that the river was muddy all day. Yesterday the water looked black… a big change. There must have been a lot of snow melt yesterday and the waters finally reached the river.
As for vehicles… yesterday saw a lot of motorcycles, on-road dirt bikes and a couple of convertibles with their tops down! It definitely was tee-shirt weather yesterday - and winter jacket weather today. What a difference a day makes - as that old song goes! :smiley:
Edit: I forgot to mention that yesterday afternoon I saw an old black Studebaker pickup truck. It was flat black… definitely needs to be rubbed out and polished. That would make it super!

They have warned many in Alberta and Sask that there could be some flooding if we continue to have such a fast melt. They have closed some of the roads near Revelstoke again for avalanche control…when it is melting this quickly that is a big issue!

Not being up to our son’s house babysitting anymore, I haven’t had the chance to see how the little brook is doing behind his property. I imagine it was flowing rather quickly with the snow melt. Just glad we didn’t get socked with a lot of rain on top of the warm weather. That definitely would have caused problems.

Morning weather -12 C -19 WC (-2 F) High today +3 C (37 F)

Having been in temps of around 22-29C for the last couple of weeks, it’s now back to the reality of UK weather…
:cold_face:

I suppose when the clouds move in and remain, they mess up the predictions of what the overnight low was supposed to be. They said it would go down to 23F/-5C, but it only went down to 30F/-1C. By 11:00 AM it has shot all the way up to 33.8F/1C. :wink: With the wind chill it feels like 26F/-3C. It’s cloudy with a stiff breeze blowing at 9 mph/14 kph and some fairly stronger gusts. If I were a couple of decades younger I’d be flying a kite right now… okay… several decades younger. :roll_eyes: Our high today is supposed to be 38F/3C thanks to the sun supposed to be making an appearance this afternoon. I may have to get outside and rake some of the yard before it gets too hot. :laughing:

Out cycling today on dry roads and sunshine. Cool breeze, though.

It would have been good weather for cycling here on the south coast as well, dry with sunshine, a little breezy but not the horrendous winds we had yesterday.
If I hadn’t just “subjected” myself to the higher temperatures abroad, I’d probably have been more than happy with temperatures today… :upside_down_face: I just need to re-acclimatise myself!

We’re playing the violin with our fingers. :laughing: Talk about rubbing it in (the high temperatures you were "playing in). :roll_eyes:

Edit: Our high today reached 39.7F/4.3C. The sun did come out all afternoon but there was a steady light breeze which blew all day. Great for the farmers… drying out their fields - for now. Currently at 6:30 PM ET the temperature has eased down to 34F/1C. Tomorrow’s high is expected to reach 43F/6C, but tonight’s and tomorrow night’s low is to be 24F/-4C. I only have about 10 wheelbarrows full of snow left… maybe. There is ice beneath the snow, so there’s probably less than that. :frowning_face:

Edit: Maybe I can talk my wife into heading way up north for a little “down time.” (no pun intended).

Good great golly gumpher goats! -9F is cause for rejoicing? You guys really know how to have a good time!!

Gales :astonished: What do you mean “gales”…they’ve only just stopped. Virtually none stop wind and rain for a week :anguished:
It’s supposed to be sunshine and showers now :anguished: according to the radio :unamused:

13C (56F) Well actually…we are getting the sunshine and showers…just more of the showers than sunshine :roll_eyes: Radio obviously doesn’t use the same forecaster site I do :smile:

Great week…although those double digits they were forecasting seem to have disappeared.

23%20AM

Ooh, think you’re getting all the sunshine we had last month :sun_with_face:

Thanks for sending that our way :sunglasses::heart_eyes: