2019 - Feb 1st to March 31st - Weather Reports and Descriptions

That sounds good. :laughing: I just looked at our winter weather advisory. We’re supposed to start getting it around 4 PM in the afternoon and it’s to continue up to 7 AM Thursday morning. So, yeah… every hour on the hour would be nice. :pleading_face: :laughing:

Sorry, I went all the way to the kitchen, and forgot to look.

I think our overnight low forecast was messed up. They called for an overnight low of 13F/-10.5C and it’s already down to that. And a local weather station <2 miles/<3 km away is reporting 9F/-12.7C; another about 4.5 miles/7 km away is reporting 7F/-13.8C and up in Coeymans Hollow (6 miles/9.6 km away) is reporting 5F/-15C. And the temperature is dropping by the minute! We may get down to 0F/-17C tonight. Should I set out the infra-red heater for the deer so they can eat in warmth? :thinking:

Nuts! I mean, put out more nuts! corn! apples!

I just came back inside. Made 4 little piles of cracked corn (finished off the bag I had) on the walk near the hedges. Also used up the peanuts I had left in a plastic canister. Will have to refill that in the AM - for the birds. Don’t have any apples at the moment. Maybe I can talk Donna into running up to the store for some? :laughing:

hahahaha good luck w/ that!

tonight
A chance of snow, mainly after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 23. East wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Wednesday
Snow and freezing rain, possibly mixed with sleet before 1pm, then rain, possibly mixed with freezing rain between 1pm and 2pm, then rain after 2pm. High near 36. East wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

now;
25°F -4°c
weather conditions : Overcast

I was looking at the radar and it looks like it’s over you… for a little while now. I’ll be like kids in a car asking, “Are we there yet?”, only I’ll ask, “Is it snowing yet?” :laughing:

i dunno. Too cold to go out to look.

Oh come on… You’re twice as warm as I am. It’s down to 12F/-11C here and still going down. You can keep the warm weather and I’ll keep the snow. How that’s for a fair trade? :laughing:

I need mittens for my paws. Really is cold out there.

It just made it down to 8F/-13C here. I’m heading outside for a last smoke, will do a few more H. Maria tiles (I’m up to 19.5k… almost 19.6k), and then I think I’m going to bed. My belly is full. I had chili a little while ago. :yum: Boy, do I hear our furnace come on a little more than usual…

-22 C -29 WC …Today will be our “WARM” day, -12 C plus WC …it will only be here for a day and then it gets cold again.

I’m thinking we are almost through Feb. and March and April can be snowy but a little warmer…then :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower:

-13 C cloud with sun trying to come out… about 2cm overnight… currently not snowing but may be some more later on… Did the walkways 2 and my city walkway project… came in and had breakfast and will soon go out again… I see our plow guy is here, so will see if it is the good one or a moronic one… can’t use the one who knows how to do it… right.

We had snow (stopped now). Maybe several inches. Roads now clear.

A little after 4 PM ET we started getting a steady, fine mix of snow & sleet. Still coming down. The heavier stuff was just two miles south of me just before replying to this post. Unless they change the forecast, this should continue coming down until 11 PM, the change to freezing rain. then after midnight changing to mostly all rain. As of 6 PM we’ve received 0.2"/0.5 cm of a snow/sleet mix. Our daughter just called to say the roads are very slick. I told my wife to tell her to “keep it under 80 (mph/128 kph).” :laughing: I’m not really worried about my daughter’s driving. She’s had a lot of experience driving country back roads and highways under these conditions. And she’s not afraid to pull over somewhere if it gets too dangerous - or if the other drivers make it too dangerous. :wink:

We had less than 3". How do I know?

Snowplows only put de-icer down if 2" or less. Over 2", they plow.

I saw on the news, #1 plow was plowing AND spreading da salt. Plow #2 was plowing it up. Plow #3 was just driving. Love living rural !

Don’t bother getting snow excited. It will be rain in about 6 to 12 hours.

Sunday-- up to 60mph winds!!! :cloud_with_rain: :tornado:
Check the outside of the upper house and trees, Jim!

I know… :anguished: I see all that rain hiding your entire state. Now if only I knew someone in Ontario who could push some of that snow and cold air down to me and chase that naughty rain out to the ocean. :thinking:

We’re also supposed to get rain Saturday night into Sunday morning. Winds aren’t supposed to get to us until Monday (20 mph/32 kph sustained with higher gusts).

We had big fluffy flakes today…off and on…nothing accumulative…just fluffy stuff! :slightly_smiling_face: