2019 - Jan to March 31st - Random Thoughts

Coffee Headlines…:wink:

4 Likes

For all of you “Baby Shark” fans, here’s why it’s made the Billboard List Hot 100. Interesting and funny at the end. Just don’t listen to it - again (for some of you). :wink:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-science-of-why-baby-shark-is-so-freaking-catchy?ref=wrap

3 Likes

I have refused to click any baby shark links as I would definitely get it stuck in my head! Oliver Sacks called these “ear worms” :scream:

4 Likes

:thinking: Fish eat worms… sharks eat fish… so what’s the problem? :laughing: Come on… be brave! You know you want to hear it! Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo! :rofl:

3 Likes

Noooooooo!!!

Where are you @discobot?

4 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

4 Likes

@discobot keep the ear worms away!!

4 Likes

Calling out reinforcements? No fair! :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Where where is is that that bot bot who who gets rid rid of of duplicates duplicates duplicates duplicates?

With only one Doo, there is no song :laughing:

3 Likes

@cageycat I think these two have had waaaay too much catnip…you’re gonna have to start rationing it :rofl:

4 Likes

Speaking about “spirits”…

4 Likes

This was yesterday just on the north edge of Saskatoon:

4 Likes

And here all those farmers had worried about getting their crops harvested before the rains and snow, then this happens. I guess a lot of that is now bird seed. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

They said today on the news it was “feed grain” and will be recovered as long as it was not contaminated by anything from the derailment. They have just about cleared the site, but Transport Canada will have to clear the opening of the highway.

4 Likes

But… but… but, the birds! What about the birds? :open_mouth: :laughing:

4 Likes

Am I the only one that gets irrationally proud when I see satellite pictures by DigitalGlobe published?

This interesting article looks at the railway connections between North Korea and China, and North Korea and Russia. I would have loved to take part in a campaign like that – unlocking some North Korean secrets.

https://beyondparallel.csis.org/making-solid-tracks-north-koreas-railway-connections-china-russia/

5 Likes

Not at all. Every time I see satellite photos with the DG name and/or logo, I let everyone around know what we Tomnodders do!

[quote=“Shaul, post:136, topic:5835”]
railway connections between North Korea and China, and North Korea and Russia. I would have loved to take part in a campaign like that – unlocking some North Korean secrets.

That would be a really cool campaign to work on. I’d even give up my 3-4 hours of sleep many nights for that! :laughing: Of course I wouldn’t make a dent on my “honey do” list my wife is constantly adding to. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Still not a bad idea checking Google Earth for these railroads and where they lead to - even if done on our own without a legitimate campaign. :thinking: Now you have peaked my interest. I have read several articles about Chinese immigrants going to Eastern Russia to work and how many of them have their wives/children taken from them - sometimes never to be seen again. A very big problem there! Why is that being kept so hush-hush? Russia has been doing a lot of construction in the east. :thinking:

Edit: I’ve read that entire report and studied each of the satellite photos. Sure wish I could have zoomed in on them. :laughing: I’ll be reading a few more of their reports in the next week. Granddaughters are having a sleep over at Grandma & Grandpa’s house so we have to get ready for two little monsters. :grimacing: :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

I am glad to hear they are protecting this environment and are focused on the funds going to an area that was devastated by fire. Waterton National Park is in southern Alberta and border the Montana Glacier National Park and is a beautiful area to hike, bike, etc.

4 Likes

Who said there was a duplicate removal bot. I have been testing it and nothing happens happens happens!
:face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

2019 Rock Our World (geology)

I misspoke before. Sorry. Try to quote this entire post exactly as it is written. Here’s a :fish: Here’s a :cat:

You should find that the system will “correct” you by removing the entire quoted text, as a “duplicate” of my post. However, if you cut my post to just a piece of it, that will post in your quote of my words.

Don’t forget… you must copy ALL of this for your quote.

4 Likes