2019 - National Parks and Refuges Of the World

Joshua Tree is one of my favorite places in the world. I don’t understand why people would cut down the Joshua trees to go off-roading. Why do people destroy beautiful places??

These are those people who will be the first to complain if something is taken away from them. It’s all about them and to heck with everyone and everything else. Wouldn’t it be nice if they were caught and had to do community service - in the park - for the rest of their lives? A few decades is nothing compared to the 300 years or so that the park will take to recover - if it ever does. If caught, the government should let the people (who care about the parks) dish out a just sentence, and not a judge who will just give them a small fine and a slap on the wrist. Take their off-road vehicles away and forbid them from riding on any again. Make the punishment fit the crime. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Off roading is not allowed in Canadian National Parks,… this info is from Jasper National Park.

"Off-road driving

Vehicles must remain on hardened surfaces, paved and gravel roads. The use of ATVs’, snowmobiles, dirt bikes, or other off-road vehicles is not allowed. Scooters are considered motor vehicles for these purposes and are not allowed on trails or areas closed to motor vehicle traffic".

But as in the case of the US Gov. shutdown, the parks were closed… so… “while the cat’s away, the mice will play.” No one there to stop them.

ahh yes … I was thinking they were allowed in the parks all the time. You are so right…