2019 Pranks and Put-ons

I filled the sugarbowl with coffee one morning when I was an undergraduate ** years ago. Took a while for my landlady to forgive me. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes
2019 You wonder if you're getting senile when

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: So I’m not the only one who does such things. Good to know… makes me feel a little better… just a little. :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

I’m definitely an aficionado of such things (just to pretend we’re on-topic!). My sailing club has an annual award for the stupidest / most disastrous / funniest action of the year. Most years my name turns up in the list of nominees :grinning: but I’ve only won once … perhaps because I’m good at hiding my worst boobs.

4 Likes

For my daughter’s birthday prank, my son put white vinegar in her water bottle. She took a nice big swig of it before the taste hit her :laughing: Couple weeks later, she got her own back on her brother for his birthday by pouring cold gravy over his ice cream :nauseated_face: Mine is on Monday…am I worried :grimacing:

4 Likes

At just after midnight, may I be the first (Nodder) to wish you a Happy Birthday! Many happy returns… :cake::tada::wine_glass::birthday::partying_face:

4 Likes

No fair, she’s in a faster time zone!

It’s 9p eastern. In 3 more hours, happy birthday!

4 Likes

Happy Birthday, Em! (at 0055 UTC). I was just :thinking:, does your family play pranks on you on your “Tomnod Forum Birthday” also? Do they even know there’s such a thing or should we inform them (of another opportunity of pranks :smiling_imp:).

3 Likes

I got to thinking about pranks, and one that one of my brothers and I did at a family reunion we had a town park one year was this: We removed the plastic spoons from each sugar bowl on every table, cut off the bowls of the spoons and returned the stems to the sugar bowls. When coffee was served and everyone went to add sugar to their coffee, they were humorously surprised! I guess I’ve had a little mischievous side to me my entire life. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it have been easier to “Put a Fork in it” ? :wink:

3 Likes

Nah! That wouldn’t have taken any effort. We actually thought about wetting and freezing the sugar before hand, but it would have been too obvious when we set the table. Too many people around. It was much easier just to stick the spoon handles into the sugar. Besides, I think that brought more of a smile to everyone rather than pull a fork out of the sugar. They probably would have thought one of the little kids set the table. This way they had to know they had a prank played on them. It did bring a lot of laughs. At least they could stir their coffee with the spoon handles. :grin:

2 Likes

I think they’d have been right about the table setters :wink:

2 Likes

Even though my brother and I could keep a straight (and innocent) face, our wives kind of gave us away with their scolding looks. Spoil sports! :rofl:

2 Likes

tsk, Jim forgot his beauty sleep. :frowning:

3 Likes

I fell asleep around 6 PM last night - ate too much! Woke up at 11 PM and I’ve been up since. Should be good until at least 8 or 9 PM tonight… or if I get a second wind, until 3 or 4 AM tomorrow morning. Already combed the cat, fed the birds, made 1 and 1/4 packs of cigarettes, had 6 oz of Monterrey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers, about 24 ounces of chocolate milk, and 4 cups of coffee. I also did about 150 tiles on H. Maria and 220+ tiles on the seal campaign. And I watched a black & white cat cross the road. :rofl:

2 Likes

I pulled a good one on one of my neighbors today (okay, it’s after midnight here so make that yesterday). I had to carry a lot of plastic jugs full of water - that originally contained kitty litter - down the porch steps, across the lawn and load them in my vehicle. I got the guy across the street to give me a hand. I told him how heavy they were, but I split them up into two groups, heavy and slightly less heavy. Then I noticed he only seemed to take the jugs with a certain color cap - that I put to one side. :smiling_imp: I waited until all the jugs were loaded before I said, “I notice you only took the jugs with the light blue caps, why was that?” I already knew. :grinning: Sheepishly he said, “those were 25% lighter, it said so right on the cap!” When I explained that was just the kitty that was 25% lighter than the other kitty litter, he didn’t want to hear it, still insisting those jugs “felt lighter” than the others. I told him each held 2-1/2 gallons/~9.5 liters of water… every one had the same amount, so every one’s weight was identical. It was all in his mind. Then he realized he had carried 4 more jugs than I did, and said so. So I simply said, “Well, the ones you were carrying were 25% lighter, remember?” :rofl:

2 Likes

Don’t you dare…I had a hard enough time hunting for my present as it is :frowning: It’s seems, as good as I am at setting out clues for Easter egg hunts, I’m lousy at figuring them out :unamused:

3 Likes