2019 Space News - NASA, SpaceX, TESS, HUBBLE

That would be like having to tag penguins in multiple colonies… the very large ones.

I came across this article but haven’t had time to read it yet. It’s sounds very interesting.
Edit: I changed the link since NewsFlash only had the article leader on its sight. I did list the source as being NewScientist DOT com. Here’s the link to the article at NewScientist:

3 Likes

Error code on the article…I will try to find otherwise and read it!

3 Likes

I just tried and got the same error. Funny how I simply copied that link right from the website when I was on it earlier. Must be Cloudfare is being over-zealous? I’ll check to see how I ended up on that site to begin with. It must have been a message in an email from another organization with a link to their site. I’ll check and update this post. :unamused:

Edit: I fixed the link in the above post. Tested it and it’s okay now. I don’t know why, but it wouldn’t work with the trailing “/” missing. That’s all I noticed at a glance. I think I will have to look at the edit history to see if there was something else. Anyway, it works now. :wink:

Edit 2: I deleted the link to NewsFlash because they only had the article header (or leader) on their site. They did list the source as being NewScientist DOT com, so I went to their site, found the article and posted it in the above post. Back to reading it… :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks Jim…that was an interesting read!

3 Likes

Looks like Japan has some big plans for the asteroid it landed a craft on.

4 Likes

Their take on “long distance video games”…:upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face::laughing:

4 Likes

It is sad Stephen Hawkings did not live to see this:

4 Likes
4 Likes

A considerable achievement … but, at the end of the day, more space litter :frowning:

3 Likes

Next stop ISS…

4 Likes
4 Likes

Smart move on their part… DURABILITY testing… see how it stands up under use by teenagers and tourists… anything that fails or wears out… gets upgraded… and that goes for the teens and tourists…
add crew selection standards to the research… among several other possibilities. Now if they could just do that for facilities here on Earth.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t that be just wonderful? Not just the facilities, but the people as well? :rofl: But how would one “upgrade” people? :thinking:

Edit: When I started to create this reply, I got a message from the Discourse software to the effect that I had posted a lot to this topic and how I should let others get in on the topic. :thinking: Looking back, the last time I posted anything was the 12th of March - 29 days ago! Jeez!

3 Likes

Be careful: big brother is watching! Be very careful!

3 Likes

Maybe I can sign in as one of the multiple “Kates” (@kateg) ! :rofl:

3 Likes

Hey! I am glad to have the option if the need arises. :thinking:

4 Likes

Not to sound like internet click bait, but number 18 made me laugh out loud.
From The Atlantic photo gallery:

4 Likes

Either that was just a big dark chocolate bar or it was a block of highly compressed plastic waste captured from the great Pacific gyre (garbage patch) that was sent to the sun to be destroyed. Looks like this one missed it mark. :grin:

3 Likes

Just need to eliminate or reject the substandard ones and find better for the next bunch… but not until they are finished the testing process… Maybe get them to form a committee and see what happens when assigned to selecting the winner… Hey, they could televise the whole process and call it either “Survivor Mars” or maybe “Big Brother Mars”… and being in China they would be saved from watching our politics… ha.

5 Likes

Judging from the news from around the world, every country is having political problems. But “Survivor Mars” sounds like it could be a good reality show with the survivors winning a free trip to Mars -:laughing: for a few years.

3 Likes