2019 You wonder if you're getting senile when

You read a post in which @Jim7 asked about weird Email addresses, but before you answer, you want to read all the other posts first… and since then, you cannot refind Jim’s post!

See what happens to a :cat: when the weather gets :cloud_with_snow: and it’s too cold to get up to use the litter box.

That was in the Tavern. I must have had to many catnip cocktails. :woozy_face:

I’m no longer senile… just cold.

I answered you in the other thread. :smiley:

split this topic #4

A post was merged into an existing topic: 2019 - Feb 1st to March 31st - Weather Reports and Descriptions

You wonder if you’re getting senile when… you put a spoonful of sugar in and your coffee and put the lid to the sugar bowl into your coffee cup. :confused:

You wonder if you’re getting senile when… you put your coffee mug under the coffee maker and forget to push the start button. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

You wonder if you’re getting senile when… you lock up the house, walk out to car and after you sit inside, you realize you’ve left the car keys sitting on the table. :roll_eyes:

You wonder if you’re getting senile when… you start doing these things more than once a day. :hushed: :laughing:
Edit:
You wonder if you’re getting senile when… You spend 20 minutes looking for your coffee mug… in the microwave; walk outside and down to your workshop; check all over on the porch; check the basement; the bathrooms and bedroom; go upstairs and look around the radio shack/old computer room; back down to the kitchen; back down to the workshop; and when yoiu finally give up and get another mug from the cupboard, you notice your coffee mug was sitting in the strainer where you put it after you rinsed it out! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :roll_eyes: (I seem to misplace my coffee mug a lot lately. My wife just laughs at me. :neutral_face:

Remember that the Tavern is for Regulars and above, and shouldn’t be mentioned in threads that can be read by everyone.

What happens when a “non-regular” click on the link?

Nothing happens.

It doesn’t matter if it is ‘mentioned’. It can be seen in the Category Listing.

I’ll remove the link though if it concerns you.

You wonder if you’re getting senile when… you leave the house with the specific purpose of gassing the car up. First you go to the Post Office to collect the mail, swing by your daughter’s house and let her dog out, then decide to shoot over to your son’s house and visit your granddaughter before she goes down for her nap… and then drive home only to realize as you’re walking into the house that you never gassed the car up!
Notice I used the pronoun “you” and not “I”? :innocent: :wink:

I want to live like the Jetsons! Or the President! Or fighter planes! Gas up in mid-air!

LOL, Jim, not you, surely? It did sound very specific… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:innocent: :shushing_face: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

You wonder if you’re getting senile when… you look outside and tell your wife someone’s in our driveway… and she says, “that’s our car.” :confused:

You need to go babysit again. :smiley:

A.A.A.D.D. - KNOW THE SYMPTOMS
Thank goodness there’s a name for this disorder. Somehow, I feel better even though I have it!
Recently, I was diagnosed with A.A.A.D.D. It’s called, “Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder”.

This is how it manifests:

I decide to water my garden.
As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide it needs washing.

As I start toward the garage, I notice mail on the porch table that I brought up from the mail box earlier.

I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys on the table, put the junk mail in the garbage can under the table, and notice that the can is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage first.

But then I think, since I’m going to be near the mailbox when I take out the garbage anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my check book off the table, and see that there is only one check left.

My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house to my desk where I find the can of Pepsi I’d been drinking.

I’m going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Pepsi aside so that I don’t accidentally knock it over.

The Pepsi is getting warm, and I decide to put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the Pepsi, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye – they need water.

I put the Pepsi on the counter and discover my reading glasses that I’ve been searching for all morning.

I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I’m going to water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water and suddenly spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I’ll be looking for the remote, but I won’t remember that it’s on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I’ll water the flowers.

I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor…

So, I set the remote back on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.

Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day:
the car isn’t washed
the bills aren’t paid
there is a warm can of Pepsi sitting on the counter
the flowers don’t have enough water,
there is still only 1 check in my check book,
I can’t find the remote,
I can’t find my glasses,
and I don’t remember what I did with the car keys.

Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I’m really baffled because I know I was busy all day, and I’m really tired.

I realize this is a serious problem, and I’ll try to get some help for it, but first I’ll check my e-mail…

Do me a favour, forward this message to everyone you know, because I don’t remember who I’ve sent it to.

Don’t laugh – if this isn’t you yet, your day is coming!! :rofl:

Don’t worry. One of us will send it to you… in case you’ve forgotten. But we do wonder, why didn’t you just stay in bed? :wink:

:rofl: I hate to admit it, but I have had days like that… just a couple, mind you. :roll_eyes: The difference is at the end of the day my wife asks me why nothing got done. I never know how to answer her. :neutral_face:

(Edit: This is a very long read… but will make you chuckle.)

I decided that I need to make a list of things to do.

While getting my notepad and pen I come across a few things I wanted to give my granddaughters for their arts and crafts so I go back downstairs to get a small paper sack.

On the shelf on the wall of the landing halfway down to the basement I see the can of electrical contact cleaner I used but didn’t put away. Realizing I better put it back in the box with my soldering iron and other tools, I pick up the can and go back up to the 2nd floor to put it in the box in my home office.

When I walk into the room I realize I forgot the bag for my granddaughters’ A&C supplies, so I set the can of contact cleaner on the computer desk and head back downstairs.

On the way downstairs my wife asks me for a screwdriver so she can hang a heavy picture in the parlor. Of course the type of screwdriver she needs isn’t in the “junk drawer” in the kitchen, it’s down in my workshop. So I grab the keys and head down there.

On the way to the workshop I realize I hadn’t fed the birds yet so I retrieve the canvas sack with all the bird “supplies.” After refilling the hanging bird feeders and tossing some seed on the ground, I realize the suet cage is empty. I have to get another suet cake from my workshop. I quickly duck in there, grab a suet cake from the box and head back out.

After refilling the suet cage I see the sack of bird seed containers (there’s 3 in the sack) and realize two of the containers have to be refilled as they’re nearly empty. I decide to leave the sack on the porch steps until I come back out to work in my workshop. I walk back inside… empty handed.

My wife - still in the parlor waiting for the screwdriver - asks me why it’s taking so long just to get a screwdriver. I say, “Oh yeah, that’s what I forgot to get.” I head back down to my workshop, grabbing the sack of bird seed containers on the way.

Inside my workshop, I get out the screwdriver and set it on a small table near the door. I decide I’ll refill the bird seed containers and bring them back up with me… no sense in making an extra trip. :wink:

While refilling the last container I spill some seed and it goes all over. I better clean that up immediately because I don’t want to draw any mice into my workshop! I get out my shop vac and begin the cleanup.

When I finish the cleanup, I grab the bird seed sack to bring it back up into the house. My wife again asks about the screwdriver. Oops! I set the bird seed next to the trash bin and head back inside my workshop.

By the time I get to my workshop I forgot I had already got the proper screwdriver out and begin looking through the toolbox drawer containing all my screwdrivers. I can’t find the one I need! :hushed: I start going through all the zippered bags that my portable power tools come in and realize some of the batteries need recharging. I get them all set up on my workbench and start them charging. I head back up to the house.

As I walk in the door my wife is waiting for me (and the screw driver). Realizing I forgot about the screwdriver I head back out to my workshop. By this time I’m starting to get frustrated because I can’t seem to remember where that screwdriver is! Just as I’m about to give up, my wife walks in the door, sees the screwdriver on the small table where I left it, picks it up (while giving me a dirty look) and heads up to the house.

Relieved that “that chore is done,” I head back to the house, locking the door to the workshop behind me.

By the time I get inside, I realize I forgot to bring the sack of bird seed up with me. I turn around and head back down. Once down there I find I locked the door - with my keys inside. Back to the house to get my wife’s keys. (I forgot the bird seed it actually sitting on the ground next to the trash bin.)

My wife informs me her keys are in her shoulder bag. (I can never understand why these humongous things are called “pocket books.”) Oh no! That thing is a bottomless pit! I search for 5 minutes and no keys. I pick up the back and start searching for my wife. (She’s in the basement starting a load of laundry.) I look all downstairs and then upstairs for her. Just as I start down to the basement my wife is on her way up the stairs. I hand her her bag and tell her I can’t find the keys. She reaches inside, pulls out the keys and hands them to me. :confused: As I’m on my way out she asks me to take the trash down to the bin. I set the keys on the kitchen table, take the trash bag out of the trash pail and carry that down. After closing the bin I realize I left the keys on the table. I head back up. (Mind you that the set of steps from the side of the porch to the side of the house are 11 steps.)

After retrieving my wife’s keys I head back down to my workshop. Upon entering I see one of the batteries I had on the charger is done. So I take the battery off the charger and my wife walks in to see what I’m doing. Without saying a word she turns and walks back out. I set the battery on my workbench and start looking for the screwdriver again… figuring she’s starting to get agitated waiting for it. Ten minutes later I’m getting frustrated about not finding my screwdriver. Finally, I give up and head up to the house to see if there’s some other way to hang this picture she wants so bad to hang. I head back upstairs.

As I walk in the door my wife meets me, hands me my screwdriver and say’s, “All done!” So I turn around and head back down to return the screwdriver where it belongs - in my tool box. After putting it away I head back up to the house. Just as I walk in the door I realize I still left my own keys in my workshop… which I just locked back up! Back down I go…

After retrieving my keys I return to the house with both sets, hand my wife her set and hang mine on the key rack. My wife mentions how few birds there have been with me going back and forth. The bird seed! I left the sack of containers next to the trash bin. Back down I go…

As I pick up the bird seed I notice through the window that another battery is charged as the light on the charger changed from red to green. No keys… I set the seed back down and run back up to the house for the keys!

Just as I get my keys my wife asks me for some sandpaper because a cabinet drawer is sticking a little. I check out the drawer in question and tell her I’ll get the sandpaper. Back down to my workshop. Quick as a wink I retrieve the sandpaper and head back up. My wife tells me she’ll sand it and takes the sandpaper from me and starts to work. I don’t know how, but she manages to rip the sheet first off. Back to my workshop… My legs are getting awfully tired by now.

While getting another sheet of sandpaper out, I remembered about the battery. I take I take it off the charger and decide I’ll put it back in the tool sack later. I pick up the sandpaper and head back in. After handing it to my wife I sit down to rest my legs. She asks, “Don’t you have anything to do other than to just sit there?” :face_with_raised_eyebrow: That’s when I remembered I was going to make a list of things to do! :roll_eyes:

I head up to my office to get the notepad and see the items I had out for the girls arts & crafts. I pick them up and immediately put them in a small paper bag to bring up to them later. I head back downstairs and set the bag on the kitchen counter. What’s next to do?

Suddenly I remember the can of electrical contact cleaner. I head down to the basement to get it. Halfway down the stairs I hear my wife asking me to switch the laundry over from the washer to the dryer. I do that and go back upstairs. By now my legs, knees and lower back are really aching!

My wife asks me to run down to the Post Office to get the mail. After leaving the Post Office I decide to pay our granddaughters a visit and shoot right past my house on the way up the hill. The very first thing my oldest granddaughter asks when I get there is, do I have any stuff she can use to make this, that and some other thing. OMG! Their arts & crafts supplies! I left them at my house! I tell her I’ll be right back and run back down to my house. Upon entering the kitchen I look on the counter… the bag is gone! My wife is gone… went to visit one of the neighbors, but which one? So I start looking all over to see if I can find where she put it. Thirty minutes later I give up and run back up to my son’s house to play with the girls. By the time I get there, they’re all getting into the van. Mommy is taking them to the playhouse in Albany. I turn around and head back home… saddened that I miss out playing with them.

By the time I get home I’m so tired I feel like taking a nap. Not going to happen. As soon as I lie down on the couch my wife walks in the door. “Well, isn’t this nice,” she exclaims! “Don’t you have anything to do?” I get up and decide I better start doing something. Down in my workshop it’s nice and quiet. I head down there.

My daughter calls and asks if I would run up to her house to let her dog out. The high school boy that usually does it has something going on after school and can’t do it today. I walk back up the porch stairs, get the car keys and start to head out to the car. My wife asks me if I’ll stop at the store when I finish and pick up a few things for her. I wait while she makes a list… which is getting longer and longer. Finally, she’s completed her list, hands it to me and as I head out I ask her if she knows where that bag of arts & craft supplies went to. She bends down, opens the cupboard door (directly below where I set the bag on the counter), picks up the bag and hand it to me. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I bring the bag with me and place it in the back seat of the car.

When I get to my daughter’s house I realize I left my key ring with my daughter’s house key on it at my house. Back home I go. Once I’ve finished with the dog and put her back inside, given her a couple of dog treats, and pet the cats and gave them some treats, I head to the village for the groceries.

Just as I’m about to get in cash out line, I realize I grabbed the wrong jacket. My wallet is in my other jacket! :hushed: I got to the office and explain that I’m leaving my cart right there and I’ll be right back with my wallet to pay for the groceries. The girl says, “That’s fine.”

After running home to get my wallet - and having to explain myself to my wife :unamused: - I shoot back up to the store. My cart of groceries is gone! Some employee noticed the cart was sitting there with no one around for some time and decided to put everything back! And my list was in the cart as well! :grimacing: Now I have to run back home to have my wife make a new list!

When I my wife hears what happened, she decides she can’t trust me to get the groceries - and tells me in many ways - and says she’s going to get them herself, but to please switch over the second load of laundry - and fold the clothes from the dryer so they don’t wrinkle. No problem!

As I’m heading down the basement stairs I spot the can of electrical parts cleaner. I better put that away before I forget. I run it up to my office where I have a box with my soldering supplies and put it in with them. Then I realize I had a small pile of junk mail I meant to shred and start doing that. (I didn’t realize there was more than I thought.) My wife gets home with the groceries so I stop shredding and run down to help her carry them in.

Once the groceries are put away, she asks if I want to visit our granddaughters. They’re home now. I agree and off we go - and I forgot to take the arts & craft supplies out of the back seat. When we get home a few hours later I decide to do some tiles on H. Maria and check out the forum.

Around 1 AM I realize:

1. There are batteries on the charger that need to be taken off (some of the chargers don’t automatically shut off);
  2. The bird seed is still sitting on the ground next to the trash bin;
  3. I have to properly store the shop vac (wind the cord, put the wands and accessories back on their knobs, coil the hose and return the vacuum to it’s resting place);
  4. The girls’ arts & craft supplies are in the back seat of the car and have to be brought in so the markers don’t freeze; and
  5. I never did make a list of “things to do.” :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

After retrieving the A&C supplies from the car, removing the batteries from the chargers, putting the shop vac away, and picking up the bird seed, I’m practically staggering up the stairs to the porch. I set everything on the kitchen floor next to the door and sit outside on the porch to relax for a bit. Just as I’m ready to go back inside, five deer decide to pay my bird feeders a visit. Not wanting to disturb them, I sit there watching… and watching… and watching. Thirty-five minutes go by before they finally move on. I go back inside.

Just as I finish moving the bird seed over to the corner and put the art & craft supplies back on the counter where i originally had them, I sit down in front of my laptop. At that very second, my wife had woke up and walked out to the kitchen with a scowl on her face. “Going to stay up all night on the computer are you?” :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I can’t win… :unamused:

And that is just a “typical” day. You wouldn’t want to know how a “bad” day goes. :laughing:

:laughing: Well…I mean…how’re you gonna know how your day’s gonna end…if you never get it started in the first place :rofl:

:laughing::laughing::laughing: Oh boy, you outdid the one I posted Jim :rofl:
I’ve have so many of those sort of days in the past that now I stop what I’m doing when I find sliding down that route, make a list and complete one task at a time, no matter how many times it takes me up and down stairs 'cos sometimes taking short cuts just takes way too long :sweat_smile:

This all started out with me making a list. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: In the end I did get the notepad and pen, but by that time it was almost 4 AM and I went to bed. :laughing: At least Donna let me sleep until 9:40 AM that morning. :tired_face: And I still haven’t made out that list yet.

Now I’m starting to tire out from shoveling. When I first started I was shoveling for 2 hours or more before taking a break. Now I’m down to a little over an hour. But I am half done with the driveways and one walkway. only one more walkway from the front of the porch out to the street and OMG… the sidewalk out front with all that heavy plowed over stuff! I think that’s going to be saved until last. I do want to finish the driveway, clear off the car… move it up and clean up everything I’ve pushed off it (all over to the passenger side). And the dig the paths through the snow so the water drains off. I should be done by 2 or 3 AM. It’s now 9 PM and I’m finally stopping to eat my dinner. (Donna woke up from her 4 hour nap and is cooking as I write. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I’m almost afraid to eat. I may not feel like going back out to shovel again.

And to stay on topic… You wonder if you’re getting senile when… people drive by and honk their horn at you. you look up… you know they look familiar, but you can’t put a name to the face. Darn! I know (knew) those people! Who the h&ll are they? :grimacing:

I never pay attention to honking horns 'cos I can never recognise the car let alone the driver. My pet hate though, is driving along, minding my own business and hear a car horn. I look around wondering what the heck are they blowing their horn at me for, I’m doing nothing wrong…only to realise it’s an advert on the radio :roll_eyes: :laughing: Sometimes I can’t understand why I’m hearing a heavy goods reversing alarm whilst I’m driving along…again, it’s an advert playing on the radio :roll_eyes: Sometimes I can be hearing them within songs playing on the radio…drives me nuts :confounded: