2019 You wonder if you're getting senile when

Subliminal messages. They’re trying to brainwash you! :laughing:

Yeh, they keep me on my toes and on the right track.

I went to pick up my son from school one day last week. The last leg of the journey, I have to take a right cutting across oncoming traffic on a very busy duel carriageway. Sitting waiting for a break in the lane an age, the driver behind me getting impatient blows his horn to get me moving. So I move forward an inch and get blasted by a horn from the oncoming traffic. I’m not stupid, I knew what I was doing and hoped the guy behind me would get the message. I was in the oncoming traffic of a similar carriageway 20 years ago, when a van driver decided to play chicken and tried to race across the duel carriage way…I went right into the side of him before he reached the other side :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I’ve no desire to trip down that memory lane again :grimacing:

@Jim7 and @EmeraldEyes need to move closer together… he has a carriage house… and she has a carriageway… hmmm

Which now has me chuckling about the word “driveway” on which we barely drive!

Ain’t English a funny language? Even the mistakes (eg “duel carriageway”) can bring a wry smile at their possible accuracy.

:laughing: When I wrote duel, I’d already spelt it with an ‘a’ and for some reason it didn’t look right so I switched it to an ‘e’ :smile: and to be honest, I was just being lazy about checking the correct spelling :blush:

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteers be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe." :wink:

Oooooh! I know that experience… we have a local radio station I listen to 24/7…’.

They run one ad that has a ‘supposed’ school bell ringing… loudly… and it is a dead ‘ringer’ (pardon that) for the fire alarm in this building and many others… I don’t hear it that much any more, but I will say that my policy is never say NO to such things… just reduce the relative volume… maybe shorten it just a bit and DON"T play it during sleeping hours… to give people time to hear all of it, not just the bell…

Did I forget the " OR ELSE " part… :rofl:

You wonder if you’re getting senile when… You put a spoonful of sugar in your coffee cup, place the sugar bowl under the coffee maker and turn it on. You don’t realize what you’ve done until you set the sugar bowl lid on your coffee cup and start to put it back up on the shelf. :hushed:

(By the time I realized it, the sugar bowl was almost overflowing with coffee. :shushing_face: And this was the second time I’ve done this in the past two months. :roll_eyes:)

And that’s the annoying thing about them in the car, I have to turn the radio off to double check…every single time :confounded: just in case…even when I know it’s the advert/song that’s doing it :roll_eyes:

But I’m glad I’m not the only one :laughing:

Interesting, mine is our local radio station too :thinking: :laughing:

Oh yes, I know that one too, but with me it’s more swapping the lids of the tea caddy and the artificial sweetener…and that little jar isn’t even a quarter of the size of the tea caddy lid :roll_eyes: :rofl:

My TV does me in! Ever get tricked by ringing phones? I do! Mute TV to see if it is MY phone!

Then, there’s doorbells…
Knocking…
Crinkling…
Whispering…
Fire Dept tones…or city siren (it’s less than a half block from here)…but it’s on TV…
Sirens (police, fire, ambulance)…
Fights…
Hearing medical beeps in my sleep… and waking up to go change the IV…
Hearing an EKG monitor sounding alarms… feel myself running for a code…then realizing it’s on TV…

Remember when the biggest sound effects were a fist hitting a cowboy’s chin… or the clop clop of a horse on a dirt lane… Now we have to figure out the reality of ringtones!

And what about the movements you see out of the corner of your eye. I’ll be in the kitchen making a brew and am sure I see someone pass by in the lounge…and I’m sure I’m the only one in the house, everyone else is at work and school. So off I go in search of this person, find nothing, go back to making my brew, see the movement again…only to realise it’s just a reflection on my glasses frame :roll_eyes: :rofl:

I have actually fallen for it at the weekend when everyone’s home; if I’m up first, I’ll even make a coffee for my hubby and take it in, thinking it’s him gone into the lounge, only to realise he’s not there. I’ll go upstairs and find him still fast asleep in bed :rofl:

“You’ve already replied 3 times to @EmeraldEyes in this particular topic.”

Be quiet, software!

I see shadows from the corner of my eye (right) but no glasses to blame. Got so bad one night that I suggested to “the ghost” that it should go outside and take a shower (it was raining).

One night, I yawned and saw this sparkling light from my left eye. What is that?!! As I reached to turn on the light, I wiped my eye… and realized the yawn-tear reflected light from the TV. !! Note to self, wipe eyelashes after yawning.

Ah, so that’s what it was, that explains it then. I’ve experienced that myself a time or three and wondered :thinking: It usually only happens in the kitchen for me, at night when I don’t bother putting the light on because the street light outside the window is sufficient enough :roll_eyes: And it’s that light which probably bounces off the “yawn-tear” for me :smiley:

No need to go lolololing… unless you must…

I wonder how long it would take my daughter to notice if I set her’s up like that :thinking:
Think I’ll wait 'til the weekend to do it though or else I might be in trouble :rofl:

Or when you are asked your age, and you say 17 because just the other dau you were remembering the big party you attended that year…

Explain that to a Resident under age 30.

I do that all the time when looking for meteors. If I turn my head just right I get a flash of light - from a street light or someone’s porch light. It’s hard enough Mother Nature doesn’t cooperate. Now I have my eyeglasses helping her. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

This one for AAMCO used to play on the radio in the U.S. all the time, Interestingly, I never heard it again after this episode on Curb Your Enthusiasm. See clip below:

Just happened… really! I was getting ready to go outside to finish up the shoveling of the walkway from the front porch to the street. I put on my left boot, tied it and did the same for the right. Then I raised my knee, untied and just started to remove my left boot before I realized what I was doing. For a split-second I must have thought I was just coming back inside. :confused: I retied my boot and now I am heading outside. (I hope I remember where I put the shovel. :laughing:)