2019 You wonder if you're getting senile when

:thinking: At about that time I had put my hand through a window and had many surgeries to save 3 fingers, so I was on lots of medications. Those stinkers! They must have slipped a test med in there without me knowing it! :crazy_face: I wonder if they got the same results from me as well as from others? Oh, I hope not! :wink:

5 Likes

You wonder if you’re getting senile when… you take a ride to the the hill overlooking the river and the port to take some pictures. After arriving and shutting off your vehicle, you get out, open the back door and discover that… um… someone forgot to put the camera in the car. :unamused: And when you get home to get the camera, your wife has a list of things she says has to be done immediately! When you finish your “chores” and head back to the top of the hill, you discover the cargo ship that had been sitting there had been turned around and is GONE! Nothing but a lot of barges left - for the time being. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

You wonder if you’re getting senile when… you pick up your eyeglasses from your workbench to look for the flashlight you used a few days ago (and it’s not where it’s always stored away). After looking all around your workshop for at least ten minutes, you give up, take your eyeglasses off and set them back on your workbench. After doing several chores it’s time to go up into the house for a cup of coffee. As you walk back over to the workbench, there… right next to your eyeglasses… is the flashlight standing up. I guess subconsciously I was looking for it in the horizontal position. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Too late! I’m getting my coffee. Maybe that’s why I couldn’t see it? :roll_eyes:

One thing I want to know is, why isn’t anyone else posting in this thread? Am I the only one to admit senility? :thinking:

5 Likes

I spent a few long minutes pondering this question… after that I forgot my answer… what was the question again… and again… :sleeping:

6 Likes

Oh, that’s not being senile… that’s just being old! :rofl:

Now there’s times when I enter a room without the slightest notion of why I went in there. When I walked out, I apparently forgot that I went in there for something and forgot what it was. Then I ask myself, “Why was I just in there? Guess it wasn’t important.” Five minutes later I hear, “Dad? Did you get that stuff you said you’d get for me?” Oops! Now that’s being senile!

5 Likes

I’m still recouping after the pharmacy switched the mfg of my med. i wish I could put here the ‘bad’ mfg vs the ‘great’ mfg (but TOS lol). Anyway, the bad med for me makes me again have a brain stutter where I can’t say words! I can see the thing, but not say it. The easiest solution when it happens is to describe the word.

Example:
Could you get me a glass of… (word stutter… can’t say it at all!)
Solution:
Could you get me a glass of … that white stuff in the jug in the fridge… it comes from a cow. (milk)

I’d claim senility, but this brain stutter started when I was 30, and it mostly occurs in a conversation. (Writing is okay.) The med from the good mfg fixes this… the bad mfg med made it worse.

Edit: Actually… I blank on words when writing, too, sometimes. Synonyms don’t come as easily.

6 Likes

My wife’s “easy solution” for when she can’t find the word is just to make one up - and then expects me to know what the h&ll she is talking about. :rofl:

4 Likes

… you try to take your contact lenses out of their case instead of out of your eyes. My excuse? I couldn’t see them :wink:

4 Likes

I do exactly the same - if I really can’t think of the word (which was there in the brain when I started the sentence but disappeared when actually needed), I have to describe it instead. I thought it was just me… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Same here, but I can’t! :upside_down_face: Can’t blame it on the meds either, it started way before I started taking most of them.

4 Likes

You wonder if you’re getting senile when… you click on the arrow button to move on to the next tile and you’re sitting there waiting… and waiting… and waiting… only to realized a full minute later that the tile you’re looking is the next tile. :confused: :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

You wonder if you’re getting senile when you are going to do some messy work and have to change into some “work clothes.” You empty your pants pockets, remove your belt and pants. After you put your pants on and start to run the belt through the belt loops, you realize you’ve just put on the same pair of pants you just took off. :neutral_face: Don’t tell my wife… :shushing_face: :laughing:

4 Likes

At least I haven’t put a spoonful of raw honey in my coffee mug and then place the honey bottle under the coffee maker… yet! :rofl: I have set the sugar bowl under the coffee maker a few times and started to put my coffee mug on the shelf where the sugar goes. :roll_eyes: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes
Aficionado & Devotee Badges
split this topic #73

4 posts were split to a new topic: 2019 Pranks and Put-ons

One evening, coming in from gardening, I took my shoes and socks off, I’d leave the socks on the stairs to put in the wash basket when I go up, I went on into the kitchen to make a cup of tea. A while later I was going up stairs, I looked for the socks and they weren’t there. I was so sure I’d put them right there on the stairs. But when I thought about it and retraced my steps I realised I’d put them in the bin instead :laughing: The following evening…I did the exact same thing despite remembering and telling myself not to make the same mistake :roll_eyes::disappointed:

HanguptheCarkeys

4 Likes

You wonder if you’re getting senile when you go to your daughter’s house to let her dog out and to find a recipe for her, and then call her with the list of ingredients so she can stop at the store on the way home from work to pick them up). But after arriving, finding the recipe and making the phone call, you go back out to your car all set to leave for home, then suddenly realize you never let the dog out - who by the way had eyes like the dog in the photo above because she really had to do her business! :innocent: :grinning: Back up to the house and brought the dog out… :roll_eyes: :laughing:

4 Likes

You wonder if you’re getting senile when… you raise your leg up to tie your boot… then realize you still have your slipper on that foot. :shushing_face:

5 Likes

** You wonder if you’re getting senile when** you try to put on your boots without taking your slippers off first. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:Just happened, but I did not say a word to my wife. :shushing_face:

4 Likes

You can’t find your mobile phone anywhere. You search upstairs, downstairs, in the car. You repeat all the searches. Nothing. You ring the missing phone … and it goes off in your pocket :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

:laughing::laughing::laughing::rofl:

6 Likes

That is rich! I showed it to my wife and she laughed out loud. And then she reminded me of the joke about the elderly man who thought his wife was getting hard of hearing. From about 20’/6 m. away he asked, “Can you hear me?” He doesn’t hear a reply so he walks up a little closer and asks the same question. He doesn’t hear any reply so he walks up closer and asks again. Once more he hears no reply. Then he walks right up behind her and asks, “Can you hear me now?” His wife turns around and says, “For the fourth time, YES!”

4 Likes