Maxar Technologies Blog for latest news

4 Likes

The picture in the article shows what looks like a freaking huge window and an equally huge Venetian Blind! (Left side of pic) Any ideas as to what else that could be?

Edit: I bet it is a viewing window that is the size of the glass visible. Above the window must be the spikes we see elsewhere on the walls. :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

It is a viewing window. But I think the satellite was pregnant and those are doctors are actually delivering a cubesat. Mama giving birth! :grinning:

4 Likes

Are you in San Antonio?
Maaxar Facebook post, today:
Good morning #SanAntonio! Another packed day at#GEOINT. Stop by Booth 639 and say hello, talk to our crew and get a demo of our latest products.

#GEOINT2019 United States Geospatial Intelligence Foundation - USGIF

4 Likes

Facebook post

Catastrophic flooding along the #Mississippi and #Arkansas rivers have caused widespread damage. We’ve activated our #OpenData Program releasing pre and post-event imagery. To find out more and how to access the data read our blog.

Open Data Response to the Midwest Flooding | Maxar Technologies Blog

Heavy rains in the central United States have caused levees to breach along the Mississippi and Arkansas rivers, placing thousands of people and homes in danger.

5 Likes

Probably an access portal… that is an RF antenna test facility… an anechoic chamber… they really don’t need reflective surfaces in there… however they do like some ventilation at times they are working… and close it with more spikes when they are… might also work as window if they need it to…
All the spikes reflect radiowaves into absorbtive material… to vanish hopefully forever…
The chambers exist in many sizes and work for RF and Audio frequencies… all for testing.
Amazing how many really big ones exist around the world.
Image almost reminds me of the Lexx… or even the Valley Forge.

5 Likes