No more Facebook videos :-(

They end up with “URL signature expired” and no video shows.

Post vids from YouTube but not Facebook sources.

5 Likes

That last one @EmeraldEyes posted about the bee started playing by itself. I said, “Oh no!” and it stopped by itself! :confused: So I did click run and watched it. Just so long as it doesn’t run by itself. What is with Facebook that they expire the videos? Must be they want people to go to their site so they can load up people’s computers with cookies? :fearful:

Edit: I just went to the “Animals, Birds & Insects” topic and yes, the video starting playing on its own! At least it didn’t have sound. :smiley:

3 Likes

Will Discourse let you remove the video? Or edit so the video gets broken? I can’t do anything with either post.

The poster could withdraw the post, though, to help us out. Or post a youtube video in that same post to remove the facebook one.

4 Likes

I changed the last one that did that…ducks to a different video from a diff news site.

5 Likes

I right-clicked on the video (it did auto-play again) and copied the video URL. Then I opened that in a new tab. This is Facebook’s “content delivery network” (cdn). Anyway, here’s the URL of where it came from. The only thing I can think of doing is to delete it… either by @EmeraldEyes or one of us.
https://video-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42.9040-2/61375509_608419022977658_4896109095049756672_n.mp4?_nc_cat=101&efg=eyJybHIiOjU1OSwicmxhIjo1MTIsInZlbmNvZGVfdGFnIjoic3ZlX3NkIn0%3D&rl=559&vabr=311&_nc_ht=video-sjc3-1.xx&oh=b18b4d03eb2f46dfb1fc6f90b0229f8b&oe=5CEFFF94

4 Likes

I see no reason why you couldn’t delete the post the same way the spam posts are deleted. This post has no text to it, just the video… which is still auto-playing for me. :roll_eyes: This must be Facebook’s idea of “making it easier” for people by “saving them a click” to start the videos.

2 Likes

Did you pm Em to just delete or replace?
I replaced the other one about AGT also.

4 Likes

No need to PM me, I’ve deleted it now. I wouldn’t have seen the pm anyway as I was away from my computer.

Looks like there’s an issue to posting video links from facebook. Think I’d better just stick with youtube in future :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks Em, I figured you’d see this thread. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I only posted it for the caption “I’m feeling bee-utiful today” and the bee was grooming itself :laughing: But it didn’t even show that when I posted it so it fell a little flat anyway :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

We know you’re bee’utiful!

4 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Tomnod is Retiring