Off-topic, Off-beat, Off-the-wall, just 'off'

In light of < Tomnod is Retiring > this thread is our deliberate Off-topic, Off-beat, Off-the-wall, just ‘off’ thread!

For all of June, I won’t say a thing about being off topic.

Go ahead, let it out!

4 Likes

Does this hold true for all the other topics? :thinking: Just asking… :rofl:

3 Likes

Ah… um… um… I don’t know what to say since I never go off-topic. How do I even start? :lying_face:

3 Likes

Now, why would I make an off-topic thread here, if it applied everywhere? ha! Maybe the last days, when I’ll pretend I didn’t see other threads?

4 Likes

I saw an alien show last night. Said there are crystal skulls buried in the ice at the poles. I think them-thars Crystal Skulls been waiting for us Nodders to find them!

What did you hope to find via Tomnod?

5 Likes

Does this count even though it looks alive and is giving us the thumbs up?

4 Likes

Is that Pan (Panda bear) who Bob @AKE235 was taking care of in Texas? Sure looks like Pan!

I wish Bob was still with us…

Has anyone heard anything from @Pastor_Ruth ?

5 Likes

Unless Bob had sent him on a holiday to Punjab. That’s where this came from.
I’ve heard nothing from Pastor Ruth. No reply to my last email I sent her a couple of months ago. I’m fearing the worst may have happened. Hope I’m wrong. :pensive:

4 Likes

I’m very sad. I’ve been here the longest of 5 moderators. Wish Bob and Ruth were still here with us both, Jim. As mad as I’ve been at Tn, I didn’t think their departure would cause grieving. But when you think about it, we Mods and Nodders were more consistently ‘here’ than even the Staff of Tomnod. I was here nearly every day since I became a Mod, unless I was sick or away from home. First year, I even took my computer to a funeral in another state, so I could check the forum. All I know is Max better make a fabulous new place for Nodders.

5 Likes

@Jim7 Can you grab a copy of their badges? If you can’t, I’ll put a copy of it as an image into html.

P.S. Happy Birthday to your granddaughter. I need a new picture.

5 Likes

Most badges, if not all, are standard in Discourse. The only ones different are those that are created by the admin of specific instances of the forums… and those I believe have to be awarded manually - like the “Tenacious Tomnodder” badge. I did grab a screenshot of the badges, but I don’t think that would make any difference.

On the brighter note, Discourse comes with several sets of emojis. I don’t know yet if we can “mix and match” them, or add to the menu, but it should be possible. I do know that there are very many that aren’t used at all by any of us. Would be nice to replace those with some of @EmeraldEyes’ emojis. :grinning:

4 Likes

Ah heck, doesn’t that just take the fun out of it though…when you’re given permission to be naughty :laughing: LIke stealing chips (that’s “fries” to you Yanks :wink: ) off someones else’s plate, just don’t taste as good when they’re freely offered.

Feels like I’m in an English exam:smirk: write an essay about the Tomato, and the brain just shuts down :sweat_smile:
Now at home, in my own time and when I’m in the mood, I can just pick a topic and write reams and reams. And if it’s subject close to my heart I could write a book or three…and they say I’m the quiet one in the family :rofl:
I know a lot about exams at the moment as both of mine are doing finals :fearful:
My daughter in year 11 is in the middle of GCSE’s and my son is in year 13 and doing his A’levels (afraid I don’t know how that translates into the US educational system for comparison or anywhere else for that matter :wink: )

There! I did it!
Didn’t I :thinking:

Trouble is there’s no topic to know if I’m completely off topic or not :joy:

4 Likes

I always was also. They do say, “watch out for the “quiet” ones”. :grimacing:

As for the GCSE’s, I haven’t a clue as to what the initials stand for. I’m assuming the “A levels” is equivalent to our Regents exams - a little harder than the standard tests.

What’s a topic? :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

A Topic is a chocolate bar made by Mars, Incorporated in France and sold throughout Europe. It contains hazelnuts, nougat and caramel.
image :grin:

4 Likes

Always thinking of food. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Grandma came round with these today
image :yum:

4 Likes

Is that the candy version of fruit cake? :grinning:

4 Likes

You trying to tell me I’m a fruit cake image :laughing:

4 Likes

You don’t realize what you’re starting. Everyone will be so used to being off-topic that on the new forum no one will be able to snap back into lock-step and stay on topic. You’re going to be spending days and nights splitting posts, moving posts and pulling your fur out! :scream_cat: :smile_cat:

4 Likes

Rule: Off topic ONLY in THIS topic. Don’t make me have to split / move posts elsewhere. My head still hurts, got a bad cough, and I’m seriously cranky. :cat: mew wince hiss growl

4 Likes