Each Campaign has an instruction page and below these instructions are photos of examples of the campaign and what you are looking for.
Is there a brick kiln in the pink rectangle? Look in the pink rectangle ONLY. Please SCROLL to the VERY BOTTOM of this page to see examples of brick kilns. In this region, kilns are typically oval or circular. Brick kilns have nearby road access, and you may also be able to see a tall chimney or chimney shadow, or rows of cooling bricks around the kiln.
Vote “Brick Kiln(s)” if a rectangle contains one or more brick kilns (or if part of a kiln is in the polygon).
Vote “No Brick Kiln(s)” if a rectangle does not contain any portion of a kiln.
Vote “Cloudy Image“ if the imagery is too cloudy to see if there is a kiln or not.
- We are searching a large area. You may not see a brick kiln for a while. Thank you for taking the time to look through many images!
- If you think you have made a mistake, simply click your browser back button and change your vote
- Use the keyboard shortcuts “1” “2” and “3” to vote more efficiently
- Press the SHIFT key to toggle the pink polygon off and on
- Use the “+” and “-” keys to zoom in and out on the map
Brick kilns have nearby road access, and you may also be able to see a tall chimney or chimney shadow and drying fields where the bricks are laid out in rows. They may be red, grey, beige or other earth tones. Vote Brick Kiln(s) even if only a part of the kiln is in the image.
If you are unsure, ASK the forum, they can give you other examples and advice.